Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio 97 Georgetown 83

Featured Replies

Wasn't calling you out or anything but i'm just saying they get so many teams in because of the competition in the BEast but how good is the 2nd half of it really? They deserve their piece of the pie and it will normally be the largest piece but how big is enough?

 

Half of any pie is enough IMO. No matter the conference.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The league as a whole was actually stronger than it has been over the past few years top to bottom, but it didn't have the star power at the top that it has had in those years.

 

If your criteria for being the best league is teams that can win the title, the BE was certainly down. If it's how many teams are capable of beating high quality opponents on any given night from top to bottom the Big East was brutal this year.

 

That said GTown was flat out pathetic today and deserved to get squashed. Congrats to OU...

The league as a whole was actually stronger than it has been over the past few years top to bottom, but it didn't have the star power at the top that it has had in those years.

 

If your criteria for being the best league is teams that can win the title, the BE was certainly down. If it's how many teams are capable of beating high quality opponents on any given night from top to bottom the Big East was brutal this year.

 

That said GTown was flat out pathetic today and deserved to get squashed. Congrats to OU...

 

This is the way I looked at the BE. If you were in the league you never got a break. Almost every team was a good team.

I agree, Big East hasn't looked great. What conference has so far?

 

The MAC. :lol:

I wonder how secure JT III is.

Lesson learned....Never take a Big East team that made a long run in the BE tourney. They just don't have anything left. We'll see what WVU can do though, maybe they can prove it wrong.

Exactly. It's probably a little premature calling the entire conference overrated at this point.

 

It seems like there's always a Big East team that gets hot at the end of the season, gets a higher seed than they probably deserved, gets everybody on their bandwagon, and then loses early in the tournament.

 

I can't help but think of Syracuse the year McNamara went off and lead them from the bubble to a Big East tournament title and a #4 seed. Then they lost their opener. Was that the year Vermont knocked them off?

It seems like there's always a Big East team that gets hot at the end of the season, gets a higher seed than they probably deserved, gets everybody on their bandwagon, and then loses early in the tournament.

 

I can't help but think of Syracuse the year McNamara went off and lead them from the bubble to a Big East tournament title and a #4 seed. Then they lost their opener. Was that the year Vermont knocked them off?

 

Nope, the Vermont upset was 04-05... Hakim Warrick was still on that team.

 

The 05-06 team led by McNamara's miracle run ended in a 12/5 upset via Billy G's Texas A&M squad.

I don't think a few bowl losses proves that the SEC was overrated in football. So, likewise, I'm not on the "Big East was overrated" bandwagon. It was a brutal conference, and the best in the nation.

 

Nothing is a guarantee after the #1's (and I figure a 16 will pull it off someday). Upsets happen. If you look through past years, even the eventual champion usually has a scare. You just have to find a way to survive and advance. Anyone remember UCLA's last title? It took a buzzer beater to get them past Missouri in the second round. They only had one other game decided by single digits.

Nope, the Vermont upset was 04-05... Hakim Warrick was still on that team.

 

The 05-06 team led by McNamara's miracle run ended in a 12/5 upset via Billy G's Texas A&M squad.

 

:thumb:

 

Thanks.

I was a big fan of that Vermont squad with Coppenrath and Sorrentine, which is how I remembered so easily. I was one of few people I know that picked that upset, and then everyone called me a liar afterwards and said I changed it. :lol:

I was a big fan of that Vermont squad with Coppenrath and Sorrentine, which is how I remembered so easily. I was one of few people I know that picked that upset, and then everyone called me a liar afterwards and said I changed it. :lol:

 

:lol:

 

Jealous.

I don't think a few bowl losses proves that the SEC was overrated in football. So, likewise, I'm not on the "Big East was overrated" bandwagon. It was a brutal conference, and the best in the nation.

 

Nothing is a guarantee after the #1's (and I figure a 16 will pull it off someday). Upsets happen. If you look through past years, even the eventual champion usually has a scare. You just have to find a way to survive and advance. Anyone remember UCLA's last title? It took a buzzer beater to get them past Missouri in the second round. They only had one other game decided by single digits.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.