March 16, 201016 yr Author You do like to stir the UK fans up Jim!!! I don't feel cheated at all. They have exceeded expectations IMHO with all that youth. They won some games they could have/should have lost. There are not many new sayings to hang your hat on. Will to win, Refuse to Lose, Play like a champion, ... and now 'it's us against the world. As long as they keep winning, they can trot out whatever cliche saying they want. They have certainly been fun to watch. Most of my friends who are not UK fans don't want to hear it or admit it, but I've had so much fun watching this Kentucky team that if it wasn't for Wildcat fans, I would probably be rooting for them.
March 16, 201016 yr It's a too cliche for me, but then again, Coach Cal is full of cliches. Honestly, if it helps him communicate with the players, then I'm all for it. One thing that has impressed me the most about Coach Cal is that he seems to be a "student" of coaching. I know that he talks to coaches around the country, including John Wooden. He has publicly thanked Bobby Knight for allowing him to "sit in" during a few of his practices. He reached out to prior coaches at Kentucky, including Joe B. Hall, Tubby Smith, Pitino, etc. For a man who has had so much success in the coaching ranks, he strives to get better and find additional ways to motivate his teams. It really impresses me.
March 16, 201016 yr The funny thing is, some of the UK players may not have been alive when he used it with UMASS :lol:
March 16, 201016 yr Most of my friends who are not UK fans don't want to hear it or admit it, but I've had so much fun watching this Kentucky team that if it wasn't for Wildcat fans, I would probably be rooting for them. You're not the first non-UK fan to say that. I've heard it a lot this year. :thumb:
March 16, 201016 yr The funny thing is, some of the UK players may not have been alive when he used it with UMASS :lol: Actually he used it last I recall in '96 so unless we have some 14 year olds or less, they were alive. They just probably didn't care. :lol:
March 16, 201016 yr Actually he used it last I recall in '96 so unless we have some 14 year olds or less, they were alive. They just probably didn't care. :lol: To quote Michael Scott from The Office: "They were five. Couldn't even talk yet."
March 16, 201016 yr To quote Michael Scott from The Office: "They were five. Couldn't even talk yet." :lol:
March 16, 201016 yr Most of my friends who are not UK fans don't want to hear it or admit it, but I've had so much fun watching this Kentucky team that if it wasn't for Wildcat fans, I would probably be rooting for them. :scared::scared::scared:What???? Has the netherworld experienced an unusually brutal winter? :lol:
March 16, 201016 yr Author :scared::scared::scared:What???? Has the netherworld experienced an unusually brutal winter? :lol: :lol::lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.