7th Region Draw

Agree ptb but just like Trinity always struggles against Ballard, Eastern has seemed to pose the same problem for Ballard in recent years so I agree, not a great draw for Ballard.

Who doesn't always struggle agains those teams? That's the way its been for a decade.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this something new--playing the championship on a Monday? I know a few years ago, the championship game was postponed because of a court injunction regarding a referee issue. When does the State tourrnament begin?

They usually do this in some regions when the girls state tournament precedes the boys which is every other year.

Of the 8 teams in the Region, here are the statewide rankings of 7 of them: 1,2,4,8,10,16 and 19, according to Litkenhous. It's a shame only one can get out, but that's the way it is.

Don't forget Seneca, who also was a top 10 team.

I really can't wrap my mind about how tough this region is...wow.

I didn't realize it either. Look at this: Moore, the 8th ranked team in the region, would be the FAVORITE to advance to the Sweet 16 in the following eight regions:

1, 3, 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 16. :eek:

I really can't wrap my mind about how tough this region is...wow.

Without the vintage Ballard, Eastern, Jtown teams of the past, there is no one or two great teams in the region. This has has caused a clutter of real good teams and a lot of parity. The question is, who wants it the most?

Who knows what this next week will bring but I would say that Trinity and Ballard have differentiated themselves as the class of the 7th this season.

This doesn't mean that they couldn't get knocked off as earlier posters have mentioned the quality of the teams in the region.

Put these two in most other regions and I think they have a great shot to meet in the finals.

So you still believe "there is not one or two great teams in the (seventh) region?"

There's a lot of people and coaches who have been around for a time believe the same thing. However in saying that, the 7th in comparison to the state this year is loaded as always.