Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/ Newport Central Catholic Predictions

Featured Replies

Huge elimination game in the 9th Region.

 

The banged up Bluebirds have had a rough year losing Grote and Grubbs to season ending injuries but have had underclassman like 6'6 Jack Stewart step up. Kowolonek and Lother should be back for this matchup tonight and they will be playing to advance or end their HS careers.

 

On the other side you have super quick Pangallo who is also a Sr and doesnt want to end his HS career losing in the District Semifinals. NCC has played well enough at times this season to be a contender for the 9th Region title.

 

I would expect this to be a very physical game with the Birds coming out on top.

 

Low scoring and very physical.

 

Birds 43

NCC 40

Highlands moves on.

 

Highlands 49

NewCath 41

Highlands will try and stop Pangallo's penetration. NCC needs to run, they will not score in the half court. Schmidt has to hit big shots and Giesler has to stay out of foul trouble.

I hear Jack Stewart has been a pleasant surprise to the Birds after losing Grubbs and Grote. Should be a physical game. Highlands will play zone and make NCC hit shots.

 

NCC 52

HHS 49

If Schmidt is hot it will be NCC's night. Highlands is just too banged up.

NCC by 4.

Huge elimination game in the 9th Region.

 

The banged up Bluebirds have had a rough year losing Grote and Grubbs to season ending injuries but have had underclassman like 6'6 Jack Stewart step up. Kowolonek and Lother should be back for this matchup tonight and they will be playing to advance or end their HS careers.

 

On the other side you have super quick Pangallo who is also a Sr and doesnt want to end his HS career losing in the District Semifinals. NCC has played well enough at times this season to be a contender for the 9th Region title.

 

I would expect this to be a very physical game with the Birds coming out on top.

 

Low scoring and very physical.

 

Birds 43

NCC 40

 

I hope your right I just don't see them being able to stop Geisler or Pangallo. NCC will win by 6-8 pts..Go Birds!!!!

The Breds will win this game by 5 due to the injuries and lack of consistency by Highlands. Although I believe that Highlands has more talent top to bottom it just won't be on display tonight - underachieving year by the Birds.

NCC takes this one by 3.

 

Highlands just isn't performing to everyone's expectations.

 

I thought with the seniors they have and returning the entire team from last year that they would be a stronger force in the ninth. I realize that Grote has not played much this year and Grubbs only played the first half of the season, but, they still have six other seniors plus a few strong underclassmen that should be able to "weather the storm".

 

There was also a lot of "high hopes" of the new coach coming in this year. I think is has been harder for the team to learn a new system and this could be a contributor to an underperforming season. However, I wish them luck and hope they can get it together and make a strong post season run. I also believe the ninth is wide open this year.

 

I honestly think the following teams have a legit shot at going to Rupp this year...

Holmes

Boone Co.

Ryle

Newport

NCC

Highlands

 

Who's going to step up?:thumb:

I flipped a coin 100 hundred times and the results were 50/50. Did I really have to flip it 100 times to come up with that? LOL.

 

So, at the end of regulation, the score will be tied 50 - 50.

 

I flpped it 5 more times and it came up NCC (4 - 1). So, I will go with NCC 54 - 51 in OT.

I like NCC in this one, playing very well as of late. The Breds seem to be coming together at the right time. Derek Scmitt and Shaun Meyer will have to make the difference in this game. The Birds will be concentrating on Geisler and Pangallo.

I think NCC win's this one by 8 to 10 points Highlands still to banged up.

NCC wins by 5... no answer for Geisler and Lother can't guard Pangallo... those 2 will have big nights.

I look for Jake "the Beast" Giesler to rule the paint. Double-double for him. IF the Birds will get out on the perimeter and defend, they could pull out the W in a close one. IF NCC can knock down some 3's, it'll be "next year" for the "Black & Blue" Birds. Birds win 54-51 in an inspired effort from the Sr's playing their "maybe" last game.

Birds will be a HUGE under-dog in this one with all the injuries, new coach etc.

 

Except the Birds to bring the brass-knuckles and baseball bats to this one...:scared:

 

It will be all out war once they step onto the court.

 

The Birds will spoil the party!

 

Destination unknown

 

"Go Birds Go"!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.