Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Mock Draft anyone?

Featured Replies

I was shocked to see my guy still on the board when I drafted.

I think Jimmy C(Wash pick)will be another Brady Quinn.

 

I think Tim T(San Fran)- will be a above average player when all is said and done.

 

Sam Bradford(Buffalo) won't be rushed back and in the long run he will be one of the best qb's in this draft

 

If Jimmy doesn't get thrown to the wolves too early I think he's going to be a very good NFL QB. Maybe not as good as Ryan but I think he ends up better than Flacco, or Bradford. I think his experience in a Pro Style offense is going to make a huge difference. Brady Quinn never really was that good in college or not as good as he seemed. LSU embarrassed him.

  • Replies 260
  • Views 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was really hoping Bradford fell to Denver(me) at 11.

 

Pierre-Paul was a "best player on the board" pick for me. ESPN Scout Inc. has him ranked as the fourth best prospect in the draft. I think he will be great. It came down to him or Dez Bryant, assuming Marshall is out.

 

Most of the chatter for SD has them taking a RB in the first round, which I am against but understand in their situation. It looks like Sproles will be back and that should be a good way to work in Best in his rookie year. I felt like he was the "Best" RB available :D

 

I think SD should take Dwyer instead. I think he'd be really good in that system and would compliment Sproles better than Best would.

I think SD should take Dwyer instead. I think he'd be really good in that system and would compliment Sproles better than Best would.

 

I fell in love a tiny bit with the speed of Best. I think Sproles is gone after this year so didn't really look at it as a one-two punch kind of thing. I almost reached for Gerhart, but in the end I felt Best was the way to go.

If we are picking teams again I'll just keep the Dolphins throughout if that's cool. If we aren't picking again then it's no big deal to me and I'll just pick whenever.

 

BTW, this was a great idea. I really like it. :thumb:

I fell in love a tiny bit with the speed of Best. I think Sproles is gone after this year so didn't really look at it as a one-two punch kind of thing. I almost reached for Gerhart, but in the end I felt Best was the way to go.

 

I don't have anything against Best going in Round 1. He's a little too easy to go down on 1st contact for my liking, but he's a great talent.:thumb:

If Jimmy doesn't get thrown to the wolves too early I think he's going to be a very good NFL QB. Maybe not as good as Ryan but I think he ends up better than Flacco, or Bradford. I think his experience in a Pro Style offense is going to make a huge difference. Brady Quinn never really was that good in college or not as good as he seemed. LSU embarrassed him.

 

Quinn had a much, much better career at ND than Jimmy did.

Quinn had a much, much better career at ND than Jimmy did.

 

I'll give you that. But, I don't think he had anywhere near the polish and accuracy Clausen has. And I think you have to discard JC's 1st two seasons as he was thrown right into the fire with a bad, young and inexperienced OL, and young skill players around him. I would personally be shocked if Clausen isn't a good QB in the NFL and I try to be as critical as possible of players.:thumb:

  • Author
If we are picking teams again I'll just keep the Dolphins throughout if that's cool. If we aren't picking again then it's no big deal to me and I'll just pick whenever.

 

BTW, this was a great idea. I really like it. :thumb:

We are keeping the same teams.
I'll give you that. But, I don't think he had anywhere near the polish and accuracy Clausen has. And I think you have to discard JC's 1st two seasons as he was thrown right into the fire with a bad, young and inexperienced OL, and young skill players around him. I would personally be shocked if Clausen isn't a good QB in the NFL and I try to be as critical as possible of players.:thumb:

 

I think Jimmy has more tools than Quinn and can see no reason why he won't be successful in the NFL. The pro-style system in college is a tad overrated to me and Quinn is an obvious example of why.

I think we should do a separate thread for discussion in the 2nd round...

I think Jimmy has more tools than Quinn and can see no reason why he won't be successful in the NFL. The pro-style system in college is a tad overrated to me and Quinn is an obvious example of why.

 

I don't think you can only base it on the Pro Style offense, but it is a nice plus, especially with footwork. I think the fact that he's always been with QB guru's through HS and College will help him.

1. St. Louis (1-15)#5 - Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma

2. Detroit (2-14)NamecipS - Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

3. Tampa Bay (3-13)Bigblueinsanity - Eric Berry S Tennessee

4. Washington (4-12)WildcatScratchFever - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

5. Kansas City (4-12)futurecoach - Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

6. Seattle (5-11)Hangman - Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

7. Cleveland (5-11)1&ONLY44 - Joe Haden CB Florida

8. Oakland (5-11) NamecipS - Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

9. Buffalo (6-10)born2reign- Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

10. Jacksonville (7-9)GrizzlyAdams-Rolando McClain LB Alabama.

11. Denver (8-8)Original Rookie-Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

12. Miami (7-9)CatsCatsCats-Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

13. San Francisco (8-8)UKFAN36-Taylor Mays S USC.

14. Seattle (5-11) Hangman-CJ Spiller RB Clemson

15. New York Giants (8-8)born2reign-Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri

16. Tennessee (8-8) Pancake -Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida

17. San Francisco (8-8) ukfan36 -Tim Tebow QB Florida

18. Pittsburgh (9-7)Pancake - Earl Thomas S Texas

19. Atlanta (9-7)Wildcat Dad- Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech

20. Houston (9-7)ukfan36 - Aaron Hernandez TE Florida

21. Cincinnati (10-6)Wildcat Dad - Jermaine Gersham TE Oklahoma

22. New England (10-6)UKMustangFan- Sergio Kindle OLB Texas

23. Green Bay (11-5)born2reign- Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

24. Philadelphia (11-5)Lucky Charms - Brandon Graham DE Michigan

25. Baltimore (9-7)Hangman - Arrelious Benn WR Illinois

26. Arizona (10-6)Big East Zebra-Charles Brown OT USC

27. Dallas (11-5)NEWARKCATHOLICFAN - Mike Iupati OG Idaho

28. San Diego (13-3) Original Rookie -Jahvid Best RB Cal

29. New York Jets (9-7)BleedBlue12

30. Minnesota (12-4)Newark Catholic Fan

31. Indianapolis (14-2)RondoRules

32. New Orleans (13-3)#5

  • Author
I think we should do a separate thread for discussion in the 2nd round...

 

I agree.:ylsuper:

I agree.:ylsuper:

 

 

We could also post a copy of the first round on each page, to help eveyone know who has been picked...

  • Author

All three of my picks are on the board for the Vikings.

The problem is two of them won't be around by my next pick so I am in trouble.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.