South Oldham Favored to Win the 8th?

There's a handful of teams that could win the 8th depending on the draw and match-ups. If South Oldham doesn't hit the 3's then their lights are out. If they hit them, they will be the real contender.

You're talking from a historical perspective; but this isn't your father's South Oldham team. The three is still a big part of their game - but they don't live and die by it like teams in the past did. You can't stop South's offense simply by stopping the three. Their defense is solid, they pass extremely well, and they're hitting 55% from the field. This is an extraordinarily deep South team; their second five would compete well against most of the 8th region teams.

And stopping their threes is pretty hard; everybody on the team (nearly) shoots it well, and two players are hitting around 50%. (over 100 attempts) The lowest shooting percentage among the starting five - including the center - is about 37% from beyond the arc.

However, IMO, Shelby's the favorite until they lose.

I was wondering what poll had South above Shelby. Litkenhous doesn't; AP doesn't, BGP doesn't...hadn't seen Cantrell...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South could very well win the 8th. They've gotten into the top 20 in the cantrell ratings. That's it. They have a lot of depth. If they get a decent draw and play good, physical defense they can win the 8th. Their loss to Shelby doesn't mean as much b/c that was a couple months ago and was at shelby. Now it would be on a neutral court and that is much better for south. Good luck dragons!

Edited by Oldhameyes

South could very well win the 18th. They've gotten into the top 20 in the cantrell ratings. That's it. They have a lot of depth. If they get a decent draw and play good, physical defense they can win the 8th. Their loss to Shelby doesn't mean as much b/c that was a couple months ago and was at shelby. Now it would be on a neutral court and that is much better for south. Good luck dragons!

When your 11th or 12th man is a Georgetown College signee, you are capable of winning the 8th.

You're talking from a historical perspective; but this isn't your father's South Oldham team. The three is still a big part of their game - but they don't live and die by it like teams in the past did. You can't stop South's offense simply by stopping the three. Their defense is solid, they pass extremely well, and they're hitting 55% from the field. This is an extraordinarily deep South team; their second five would compete well against most of the 8th region teams.

And stopping their threes is pretty hard; everybody on the team (nearly) shoots it well, and two players are hitting around 50%. (over 100 attempts) The lowest shooting percentage among the starting five - including the center - is about 37% from beyond the arc.

However, IMO, Shelby's the favorite until they lose.

I was wondering what poll had South above Shelby. Litkenhous doesn't; AP doesn't, BGP doesn't...hadn't seen Cantrell...

I have to agree with ColonelMike on this one. I could see this being South Oldham's year.

Please explain, I'm not sure I follow. Does this mean 1-10 are going DI.

It was reported on the Courier-Journal and answered somewhere on this board that Brennan Carrithurs has signed to play at Georgetown College for Happy Osbourne. Then another poster said he gets very little clock and rarely scores. Is the 11th or 12th guy off the bench or some such.

Yes, I guess the others ahead are DI.

Brennan carrithers' dad played at Georgetown so that may of had some to do with it. Yes he is south oldhams 3rd string center as well behind Schumm and Malueg. He had never really gotten quality PT this season. That's how strong of a team south has though...

Oldham Co. in the mix??? Are they not the only team to play Shelby, who is clearly the favored team, relatively close in regular season play? please correct me if im wrong.

Shelby beat Anderson 32-30 at Shelby in January. I would say that is pretty close and competitive?