Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shot of the Year in College Basketball?

Featured Replies

Awesome shot.

 

I've emailed Jerry Tipton a few times and he has responded. We exchanged about 5 or 6 emails back-to-back. Forde has exchanged a few emails with my brother.

 

I emailed some Herald Leader writer a few years ago (could have been Tipton) explaining that Packer didn't have a clue as to what the real rules of basketball were after he claimed Sparks "traveled" while taking the ball OOB against UL. My email made the paper. I'm officially on record as having blasted Packer. I feel like a REAL UK fan now.

Over and back violation, wasn't it?

 

Absolutely amazing shot though.

  • Author
Over and back violation, wasn't it?

 

Absolutely amazing shot though.

 

I don't think he crossed the line, did he?

  • Author

I just received a text:

 

"The shot just made ESPN top play of the day."

I don't think he crossed the line, did he?

 

I just watched it a few times. His foot definitely crosses the line after he lets go of the ball. He's close to the line as he touches it, but I don't think it was a violation.

 

Still a great shot.

Even if his foot crossed the line, if the ball didn't, it wouldn't be a violation would it?

Even if his foot crossed the line, if the ball didn't, it wouldn't be a violation would it?

 

That's what I don't know. His foot was across the line and on the floor when he shot but the ball wasn't so I'm not sure if he was in violation. I always thought it was any part of your body.

 

As pointed out, still an amazing feat.

It has to be the ball and both feet to be a violation..

It has to be the ball and both feet to be a violation..

 

No it doesn't.

 

"Three points" (the ball & both feet) must enter the frontcourt before a backcourt violation can be called.

Even if his foot crossed the line, if the ball didn't, it wouldn't be a violation would it?

 

Yes, it would be a violation if his foot even touched the line when he (or his teammates) had established possession in the front court.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.