Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 84 Villanova 75

Featured Replies

UCONN's problem is that they have four solid players and not much else. I got that for sure :thumb:

And that changes what I said how? For this UConn team to win on a consistent basis they need Kemba Walker to be great. Thanks for reinforcing my argument... :thumb:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that changes what I said how? For this UConn team to win on a consistent basis they need Kemba Walker to be great. Thanks for reinforcing my argument... :thumb:

 

Not really. You make it seem like if he plays well then they win. Walker has played well in many of their losses :confused:

Not really. You make it seem like if he plays well then they win. Walker has played well in many of their losses :confused:

 

 

 

No I took it that he was saying that Walker needs to push the pace, and make his teammates better, and he hasn't done that in their losses.

No I took it that he was saying that Walker needs to push the pace, and make his teammates better, and he hasn't done that in their losses.

 

In seven of their losses he has at least six assists. I can see the pushing the pace argument a little bit but I see Dyson bring the ball up the court a lot also. A lot of how much you score depends on how much the other team is pushing it as well. I don't see much fluctuation in Walker's production in wins compared to losses to buy it.

Not really. You make it seem like if he plays well then they win. Walker has played well in many of their losses :confused:

He has been good in many of their loses. That's not enough for this roster to have a great deal of success. Is that a heavy burden for a 2nd year PG? No doubt, but that's the reality of the situation. When he is at his best they can play with and beat anyone in the country. When he's even one notch below his best they are very average because the game bogs down and they are ineffective in the half court. They are a poor perimeter shooting team and outside of Edwards don't have anyone with a true low post game. As a result they need to play fast and get easy baskets. Who is that on? Kemba Walker. Clear yet???

I don't see much fluctuation in Walker's production in wins compared to losses to buy it.

 

In which loses did he produce 29 points and 9 boards or 19 points 10 assists and 6 steals???

In which loses did he produce 29 points and 9 boards or 19 points 10 assists and 6 steals???

 

In the 15 point loss to Providence he had 17 points 8 rebounds and 7 assists and 0 turnovers.

In the 15 point loss to Providence he had 17 points 8 rebounds and 7 assists and 0 turnovers.

And he provided absolutely nothing in the 8 minutes stretch that saw UConn go from up 3 to down 14 from the 10 minute mark to when he finally got back on the positive side of the stat sheet to cut the lead to 12 with about 2:30 left. Not a single basket, assist, rebound or attempted free throw. He did miss three jump shots, two of which were in half court sets. For the 30 minutes he played well, UConn played well. For the 10 minutes he didn't UConn fell apart. Thanks again. Good find... :thumb:

Forgive me if I don't buy this...

 

As I have said all year, UConn is only as good as Kemba Walker allows them to be. He was spectacular tonight and they pull off the major upset on the road...

 

So, you've been saying all year that Walker needs have games like this...

 

In which loses did he produce 29 points and 9 boards or 19 points 10 assists and 6 steals???

 

For UCONN to be good?

And he provided absolutely nothing in the 8 minutes stretch that saw UConn go from up 3 to down 14 from the 10 minute mark to when he finally got back on the positive side of the stat sheet to cut the lead to 12 with about 2:30 left. Not a single basket, assist, rebound or attempted free throw. He did miss three jump shots, two of which were in half court sets. For the 30 minutes he played well, UConn played well. For the 10 minutes he didn't UConn fell apart. Thanks again. Good find... :thumb:

 

You asked me for a game when he produces numbers like that and I gave you one. So not only does he have to play amazing, he has to do it for 40 minutes of the game? :lol: How in the world did they not fall apart when he had eight turnovers against Texas?

You asked me for a game when he produces numbers like that and I gave you one. So not only does he have to play amazing, he has to do it for 40 minutes of the game? :lol: How in the world did they not fall apart when he had eight turnovers against Texas?

When he was playing very well they had a 3 point lead. When he went missing they went in the tank. I'd say that's pretty telling, wouldn't you?

 

As for turnovers I don't really think it is much of a factor for Walker in the same fashion I haven't said much about Wall when he has bad games from that standpoint. You want them to play fast, and force the tempo. That tends to result in more turnovers, but still produces the desired result of speeding the game up to a pace that best fits their style. Plus the 6 steals against Texas makes up for that many turnovers...

Forgive me if I don't buy this...

 

 

 

So, you've been saying all year that Walker needs have games like this...

 

 

 

For UCONN to be good?

I have talked about it in several threads on here, but if you'd like I can go futurecoach style and bring up my points every two or three days in novel form to provide more documentation... :D

I have talked about it in several threads on here, but if you'd like I can go futurecoach style and bring up my points every two or three days in novel form to provide more documentation... :D

 

Please no . . . . . one is enough.:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.