Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 84 Villanova 75

Featured Replies

Please no . . . . . one is enough.:lol:

 

:idunno:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:idunno:

 

One futurecoach James Joyce stream-of-consciousness style writer on BPG is enough. BGP would burn up too much bandwidth if we have another one. :D

 

I assume that's what your playful threat to OR to write futurecoach style meant, right?

One futurecoach James Joyce stream-of-consciousness style writer on BPG is enough. BGP would burn up too much bandwidth if we have another one. :D

 

I assume that's what your playful threat to OR to write futurecoach style meant, right?

 

:thumb:

When he was playing very well they had a 3 point lead. When he went missing they went in the tank. I'd say that's pretty telling, wouldn't you?

 

As for turnovers I don't really think it is much of a factor for Walker in the same fashion I haven't said much about Wall when he has bad games from that standpoint. You want them to play fast, and force the tempo. That tends to result in more turnovers, but still produces the desired result of speeding the game up to a pace that best fits their style. Plus the 6 steals against Texas makes up for that many turnovers...

I think it's even more telling that he had to play like that to even keep them in the game... against PROVIDENCE.

 

Against Texas he did have the help of 32 from Dyson.

 

I'll agree that when he plays like that they can beat anyone. However, to me that is similar to saying UK last year could have beat anyone if Meeks put up 54.

I'll agree that when he plays like that they can beat anyone. However, to me that is similar to saying UK last year could have beat anyone if Meeks put up 54.

 

The 54 part is reaching, but it's a very similar situation. For UK last year they had to have Meeks play at his highest level or they were pretty much doomed. If he was even a notch below his best it was more often than not a long night. Obviously they played different roles in different styles of play, but their impact on a win or loss was huge...

This is JMO (I admit I know very little about or care about college basketball other than UK) , but if UConn isn't able to get into the full court they aren't very good at all. Robinson is just not that good. He's athletic but has nothing else. Walker is overrated IMO. He can be spectacular, but to me (and this is JMO) he isn't their problem or solution, he's just not that kind of player. You know what you get with Dyson, who I really like. They just don't have much else. In the halfcourt game they just cannot score on a consistent basis, which IMO leads to the stats of not being able to win when they are held under 80 points. That's JMO, and I'm extremely biased because I thoroughly hate UConn almost as much as I do UNC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.