Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 39 Covington Catholic 38 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Well maybe yes, as Walter did the asking not me. Ask him! I just answered his question. BTW Walter is I think, a Homes fan!

 

BTW if CovCath would have won, based on past Cooper post, yes the Cooper fans would have been crying all night long about the stripes!

 

If you think the fans went nuts after beating Cooper in their Frosh game, you haven't see CovCath play.:ohbrother::walk:

 

I knew it wouldn't be long before it started getting testy. SOME Cov Cath fans just can't take a loss against a new school with class. The nerve of a two year old school to beat the mighty Cov Cath!! These freshman kids that you mention did see a few minutes of varsity and JV but they also played freshman ball all year. Cooper has very few quality ball players since they have only been in existence TWO years so coach Sullivan tries to get them some early experience in varsity. The varsity has THREE wins. As long as a kid plays freshman ball during the regular season, there is no reason to hold him out of the tournament. It's not like they are bringing Junior's down to play. Cov Cath fans went nuts when they beat Cooper earlier this year in a tight game. I know you were there and maybe you had your blinders on. The Cov Cath crazies only come out in groves when Cov Cath is a winner. Just look at the Mason County game thread where you mention the place used to be packed for these two schools when competing against each other. Look up the HHS-Cov Cath football thread last year when HHS was up around 60 at half and the Crazies left at half time. FAIR WEATHER fans. I won't even get into the Public versus Private where you basically are a select team drawing kids from all over the place, including some of your best football players who are Boone County kids. Keep making excuses as even if we lose to Scott this tourney was a HUGE success for this one win alone!! As long as my son or grandsons are playing I will cheer loud, even if it's FRESHMAN.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has their opinion on the kids from Cooper playing down, but it is true they've played down all year long, so why stop now? Personally, I would much rather a kid play freshman, or play JV/Varsity. Sharing kids makes for a long season, both for the player, and their coaches. Coach Sullivan wants his kids to learn how to win, and win together...and it's paid off.

Nice win Jag's, sorry I missed this one. Good luck against Scott. :thumb:

To clarify, the only reason I asked why Maniacci was playing freshmen ball was because the only time I had seen him was against Holmes and he started varsity that game. I honestly had no idea that he had been playing down the with the frosh team all year.

 

Give TOG a break guys...he was simply answering my question. I see nothing wrong with his posts OR answer to MY question. I've seen no excuses from him as to why CCH lost. Heck, he even said he only caught the "very, very end due to being in Mason Co" for the varsity game.

To clarify, the only reason I asked why Maniacci was playing freshmen ball was because the only time I had seen him was against Holmes and he started varsity that game. I honestly had no idea that he had been playing down the with the frosh team all year.

 

Give TOG a break guys...he was simply answering my question. I see nothing wrong with his posts OR answer to MY question. I've seen no excuses from him as to why CCH lost. Heck, he even said he only caught the "very, very end due to being in Mason Co" for the varsity game.

 

Maniacci did start when they played Holmes not sure the reason but I think it was for his 6'6" body. I think mainly to try and stop Holmes under the net.

TOG. Dont mean to come off mean but as a father and a fan, I have heard this stuff all football season. Just get a little upset when Cooper does something good and people down it bye saying things like it's only freeshman or as in football ( why is Cooper playing in small Div. ) thats all . Sorry if I over reacted.

I was not going to comment on this whole thread, but there is one thing that I would like to express. It seems to me that there is a lot of excitement about Freshman basketball which is good. IMO however, the excitement is genrrally limited to the freshman parents and players for the most part. The other students and fans of the school are generally not too excited about Freshman, and their games. Most I would guess know the names of few players, their schedule, record, etc. I truly am happy for the frosh and their parents, and I remember when my son played freshman ball, I kept thinking, Where is the love???? Now, I recognize, it is just the way it is.

 

Congrats Cooper for the win. I was not there as I honestly could care less about it, but congrats.

I was not going to comment on this whole thread, but there is one thing that I would like to express. It seems to me that there is a lot of excitement about Freshman basketball which is good. IMO however, the excitement is genrrally limited to the freshman parents and players for the most part. The other students and fans of the school are generally not too excited about Freshman, and their games. Most I would guess know the names of few players, their schedule, record, etc. I truly am happy for the frosh and their parents, and I remember when my son played freshman ball, I kept thinking, Where is the love???? Now, I recognize, it is just the way it is.

 

Congrats Cooper for the win. I was not there as I honestly could care less about it, but congrats.

 

I agree with a lot of what you said. Having a Freshman son I do cheer for him and his team even though it is "just Freshman". Now, next year, while I will hope his Freshman at his school do good, I could care less as well. But, there is nothing wrong with Freshman, their parents, family and friends cheering for them when they compete.

I was not going to comment on this whole thread, but there is one thing that I would like to express. It seems to me that there is a lot of excitement about Freshman basketball which is good. IMO however, the excitement is genrrally limited to the freshman parents and players for the most part. The other students and fans of the school are generally not too excited about Freshman, and their games. Most I would guess know the names of few players, their schedule, record, etc. I truly am happy for the frosh and their parents, and I remember when my son played freshman ball, I kept thinking, Where is the love???? Now, I recognize, it is just the way it is.

 

Congrats Cooper for the win. I was not there as I honestly could care less about it, but congrats.

 

I disagree with this statement. I find myself following the freshman teams as much as possible to see what's going on and who is coming up the ranks and I have no relation to any of the players playing in this tournament. I've also seen and heard where there were many varsity players at the freshman games to support the young guys.

 

Just because you may not get too excited, doesn't mean other people don't. :thumb:

I disagree with this statement. I find myself following the freshman teams as much as possible to see what's going on and who is coming up the ranks and I have no relation to any of the players playing in this tournament. I've also seen and heard where there were many varsity players at the freshman games to support the young guys.

 

Just because you may not get too excited, doesn't mean other people don't. :thumb:

 

Louie is correct and he's not saying what you're saying. He's saying that if you go to a game 90+% of the people there are related to either a player , coach, or cheerleader.

 

Varsity teams are not getting much support anymore. Its natural to expect freshman to get even less.

I disagree with this statement. I find myself following the freshman teams as much as possible to see what's going on and who is coming up the ranks and I have no relation to any of the players playing in this tournament. I've also seen and heard where there were many varsity players at the freshman games to support the young guys.

 

Just because you may not get too excited, doesn't mean other people don't. :thumb:

 

Walter - I understand and that is why I used the term Generally - I understand there are folks such as you, and TOG and others who are as excited about all levels of the games, but IMO you guys are in the minority (not slamming you or meaning anything derogatory about that) but again, I think that there are many more fans who feel as I do, then you.

Louie is correct and he's not saying what you're saying. He's saying that if you go to a game 90+% of the people there are related to either a player , coach, or cheerleader.

 

Varsity teams are not getting much support anymore. Its natural to expect freshman to get even less.

 

:thumb:

Louie is correct and he's not saying what you're saying. He's saying that if you go to a game 90+% of the people there are related to either a player , coach, or cheerleader.

 

Varsity teams are not getting much support anymore. Its natural to expect freshman to get even less.

 

Walter - I understand and that is why I used the term Generally - I understand there are folks such as you, and TOG and others who are as excited about all levels of the games, but IMO you guys are in the minority (not slamming you or meaning anything derogatory about that) but again, I think that there are many more fans who feel as I do, then you.

 

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

 

I should add though Walter that I think it is great for programs to have guys like you and TOG supporting them. Heck I am amazed that you guys support and do all the things you do for programs, often times more than one program! So, for that, I would like to say to you and all the guys like yoiu and TOG - Thanks!!!

From the KSHAA scoreboard Cooper HS Varsity Roster:

 

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
4 Ryan Thompson GD Jr. 23 John Patrick Williams FWD So.
5 Asiel Langley GD Jr. 24 Dvontae Bradley GD Jr.
10 Chris Henderson GD So. 31 Austin Collins GD Fr.
12 Taylor Centers FWD Fr. 32 Matthew Storey GD, FWD Sr.
14 Ryan Klute GD Jr. 33 David Prescott GD, FWD So.
20 Cody Cook GD So. 40 Alex Webster GD So.
21 Brandon Knapmeyer GD So. 42 Alex Giesey FWD So.
22 Seth Quinlan FWD Jr. 44 Louis Maniacci FWD Fr.

 

 

"W" he hasn't started at least in the couple of games that I have seen but yes he does play/dress with the varsity as does Collins and Centers! He played against CovCath.

 

I know that Dixie, Holmes, Beechwood, CovCath, HHS and a couple of other teams won't allow a young freshmen to play freshmen ball, if he plays varsity and or even starts or plays a lot on the JV level.

 

Cooper is the only one that I am aware of that allows this!

 

No big deal, but I just hope that it won't affect a pretty much unwritten rule of the coaches to keep it frosh who play frosh only tourney.

 

I also understand the Cooper fan base. They have never won anything yet (they will sooner than later) but at the moment they get very excited about wining anything, even a freshmen game.

 

Good for them, but gee guy's, I guess you will understand one day why others look at you sort of strangely going nuts, about a frosh game!

 

Really sorry I only got to see the very, very end of the game due to being in Mason County.

 

All the posts before this one in the thread talked about the actual game. In this post you question why Cooper is playing freshmen players in a freshmen game when they have played freshmen all year. Then you get a little dig in about everyone getting too excited over winning a freshmen game. To me this comes off as condescending and you deserve any heat you get on here from Cooper fans.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.