Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 39 Covington Catholic 38 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

  • Author
From the KSHAA scoreboard Cooper HS Varsity Roster:

 

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
4 Ryan Thompson GD Jr. 23 John Patrick Williams FWD So.
5 Asiel Langley GD Jr. 24 Dvontae Bradley GD Jr.
10 Chris Henderson GD So. 31 Austin Collins GD Fr.
12 Taylor Centers FWD Fr. 32 Matthew Storey GD, FWD Sr.
14 Ryan Klute GD Jr. 33 David Prescott GD, FWD So.
20 Cody Cook GD So. 40 Alex Webster GD So.
21 Brandon Knapmeyer GD So. 42 Alex Giesey FWD So.
22 Seth Quinlan FWD Jr. 44 Louis Maniacci FWD Fr.

 

 

"W" he hasn't started at least in the couple of games that I have seen but yes he does play/dress with the varsity as does Collins and Centers! He played against CovCath.

 

I know that Dixie, Holmes, Beechwood, CovCath, HHS and a couple of other teams won't allow a young freshmen to play freshmen ball, if he plays varsity and or even starts or plays a lot on the JV level.

 

Cooper is the only one that I am aware of that allows this!

 

No big deal, but I just hope that it won't affect a pretty much unwritten rule of the coaches to keep it frosh who play frosh only tourney.

 

I also understand the Cooper fan base. They have never won anything yet (they will sooner than later) but at the moment they get very excited about wining anything, even a freshmen game.

 

Good for them, but gee guy's, I guess you will understand one day why others look at you sort of strangely going nuts, about a frosh game!

 

Really sorry I only got to see the very, very end of the game due to being in Mason County.

TOG . Why would you sit there and talk about going nuts about a frosh its just like any other high school game ,J.V. or Varsity . As long as my Son or Daughter is playing High School sports I am going to treat it as any other game .So if you can't handle the hype at the lower levels Please don't participate . Stay Home!!!!!!!!!

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
From the KSHAA scoreboard Cooper HS Varsity Roster:

 

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
4 Ryan Thompson GD Jr. 23 John Patrick Williams FWD So.
5 Asiel Langley GD Jr. 24 Dvontae Bradley GD Jr.
10 Chris Henderson GD So. 31 Austin Collins GD Fr.
12 Taylor Centers FWD Fr. 32 Matthew Storey GD, FWD Sr.
14 Ryan Klute GD Jr. 33 David Prescott GD, FWD So.
20 Cody Cook GD So. 40 Alex Webster GD So.
21 Brandon Knapmeyer GD So. 42 Alex Giesey FWD So.
22 Seth Quinlan FWD Jr. 44 Louis Maniacci FWD Fr.

 

 

"W" he hasn't started at least in the couple of games that I have seen but yes he does play/dress with the varsity as does Collins and Centers! He played against CovCath.

 

I know that Dixie, Holmes, Beechwood, CovCath, HHS and a couple of other teams won't allow a young freshmen to play freshmen ball, if he plays varsity and or even starts or plays a lot on the JV level.

 

Cooper is the only one that I am aware of that allows this!

 

No big deal, but I just hope that it won't affect a pretty much unwritten rule of the coaches to keep it frosh who play frosh only tourney.

 

I also understand the Cooper fan base. They have never won anything yet (they will sooner than later) but at the moment they get very excited about wining anything, even a freshmen game.

 

Good for them, but gee guy's, I guess you will understand one day why others look at you sort of strangely going nuts, about a frosh game!

 

Really sorry I only got to see the very, very end of the game due to being in Mason County.

 

Also if you are saying the Frosh level is not a big deal then why would Cov. Cath sponsor the tourney every year and do the big hype for the finals .You are trying to take the glory away from every Frosh kid who is busting their tail to make it to the finals for the big game that Cov. Cath makes it out to be.

From the KSHAA scoreboard Cooper HS Varsity Roster:

 

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
4 Ryan Thompson GD Jr. 23 John Patrick Williams FWD So.
5 Asiel Langley GD Jr. 24 Dvontae Bradley GD Jr.
10 Chris Henderson GD So. 31 Austin Collins GD Fr.
12 Taylor Centers FWD Fr. 32 Matthew Storey GD, FWD Sr.
14 Ryan Klute GD Jr. 33 David Prescott GD, FWD So.
20 Cody Cook GD So. 40 Alex Webster GD So.
21 Brandon Knapmeyer GD So. 42 Alex Giesey FWD So.
22 Seth Quinlan FWD Jr. 44 Louis Maniacci FWD Fr.

 

 

"W" he hasn't started at least in the couple of games that I have seen but yes he does play/dress with the varsity as does Collins and Centers! He played against CovCath.

 

I know that Dixie, Holmes, Beechwood, CovCath, HHS and a couple of other teams won't allow a young freshmen to play freshmen ball, if he plays varsity and or even starts or plays a lot on the JV level.

 

Cooper is the only one that I am aware of that allows this!

 

No big deal, but I just hope that it won't affect a pretty much unwritten rule of the coaches to keep it frosh who play frosh only tourney.

 

I also understand the Cooper fan base. They have never won anything yet (they will sooner than later) but at the moment they get very excited about wining anything, even a freshmen game.

 

Good for them, but gee guy's, I guess you will understand one day why others look at you sort of strangely going nuts, about a frosh game!

 

Really sorry I only got to see the very, very end of the game due to being in Mason County.

Would this even have been brought up if CC won the game ? I dont care if it is 4th grade ball game you going to cheer your kids on! All three of these kids have played freshman all year but you bring it up after they start a tourney. CC fans hade no problem going nuts when they beat Cooper in over time as I recall in reg. season.
Would this even have been brought up if CC won the game ? I dont care if it is 4th grade ball game you going to cheer your kids on! All three of these kids have played freshman all year but you bring it up after they start a tourney. CC fans hade no problem going nuts when they beat Cooper in over time as I recall in reg. season.

 

 

A win is a win and Cooper did nothing wrong and had a big win.

 

The unwritten rule is, you dont drop down freeshman players who did not play freshman all year just for the tournament (SK, St Henry, Beechwood) . Cooper did not break this so called rule. The 3 players were with the freshman all year without question, and should have played.

 

There is always a reason when CC loses, or does not win as big as expected. Just let Cooper enjoy the well decerved win.

 

If you win say little, if you lose say less.............

A win is a win and Cooper did nothing wrong and had a big win.

 

The unwritten rule is, you dont drop down freeshman players who did not play freshman all year just for the tournament (SK, St Henry, Beechwood) . Cooper did not break this so called rule. The 3 players were with the freshman all year without question, and should have played.

 

There is always a reason when CC loses, or does not win as big as expected. Just let Cooper enjoy the well decerved win.

 

If you win say little, if you lose say less.............

 

:rolleyes:

Highlands didnt have a problem earlier in the season when Maniacci played against them and was also playing Varsity. He is a nice player but I wouldnt say he is a RINGER that the Jags used at the frosh level when they didnt have to. If you take him off of that team they really dont have an inside presence.

From the KSHAA scoreboard Cooper HS Varsity Roster:

 

# Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
4 Ryan Thompson GD Jr. 23 John Patrick Williams FWD So.
5 Asiel Langley GD Jr. 24 Dvontae Bradley GD Jr.
10 Chris Henderson GD So. 31 Austin Collins GD Fr.
12 Taylor Centers FWD Fr. 32 Matthew Storey GD, FWD Sr.
14 Ryan Klute GD Jr. 33 David Prescott GD, FWD So.
20 Cody Cook GD So. 40 Alex Webster GD So.
21 Brandon Knapmeyer GD So. 42 Alex Giesey FWD So.
22 Seth Quinlan FWD Jr. 44 Louis Maniacci FWD Fr.

 

 

"W" he hasn't started at least in the couple of games that I have seen but yes he does play/dress with the varsity as does Collins and Centers! He played against CovCath.

 

I know that Dixie, Holmes, Beechwood, CovCath, HHS and a couple of other teams won't allow a young freshmen to play freshmen ball, if he plays varsity and or even starts or plays a lot on the JV level.

 

Cooper is the only one that I am aware of that allows this!

 

No big deal, but I just hope that it won't affect a pretty much unwritten rule of the coaches to keep it frosh who play frosh only tourney.

 

I also understand the Cooper fan base. They have never won anything yet (they will sooner than later) but at the moment they get very excited about wining anything, even a freshmen game.

 

Good for them, but gee guy's, I guess you will understand one day why others look at you sort of strangely going nuts, about a frosh game!

 

Really sorry I only got to see the very, very end of the game due to being in Mason County.

With only 1 senior and 5 juniors on the roster coach Sullivan knows that next year he will have to rely heavily on these talented freshmen if they are to compete in the 9th region. He is giving them valuable floor time against older kids now so that when they are juniors and seniors they can play with confidence that they can win at the varsity level. It is hard to coach a new program that doesn't know how to win on a regular basis and shows inconsistency game to game. I also don't believe anyone would question his integrity.

Would this even have been brought up if CC won the game ? I dont care if it is 4th grade ball game you going to cheer your kids on! All three of these kids have played freshman all year but you bring it up after they start a tourney. CC fans hade no problem going nuts when they beat Cooper in over time as I recall in reg. season.

 

Well maybe yes, as Walter did the asking not me. Ask him! I just answered his question. BTW Walter is I think, a Homes fan!

 

BTW if CovCath would have won, based on past Cooper post, yes the Cooper fans would have been crying all night long about the stripes!

 

If you think the fans went nuts after beating Cooper in their Frosh game, you haven't see CovCath play.:ohbrother::walk:

I wouldnt go that far. The teams in NKY this year were all capable of beating each other. Cooper has a strong team with a nice post player in Maniacci and Morris/Collins are nice guards. CovCath was probably the favorite to win the tournament but anything can happen.

Look at Highlands who had a great season and beat Holmes 2 weeks ago by 3pts and how they saw a different Bulldog team yesterday. A team that didnt commit stupid fouls and hit open shots. They ran their offense and were patient.

 

Scott lost to Holmes during the regular season by 23 points. I certainly wouldnt have expected that after seeing Scott, one of the #1 seeds in this tournament play yesterday.

 

Conner has a very nice ballclub as well. Many good teams in NKY at the frosh level this year and should be fun to watch them all over the next few years.

 

This is all I was saying. CovCath was one of THE favorites. So I guess you do agree then....as many would. Not a huge upset, but an upset none the less on someones home floor.

Maybe I should explain why I think this is the biggest win in Cooper school history. This is a huge building block for this school and for Coach Sullivans program. This gives this freshman team confidence against any team they face from here out. This is huge tournament victory. Not a regular season win. This is something to build on. This shows all the kids in the up coming years that if they buy into Sullivans program they can compete with anyone.

 

Many of us knew it wouldn't take Cooper long before they were competitive. But they do need steps. This is a huge step and thats why I think its the biggest win in the history of the basketball program. Can you name a bigger win? Besides the first win ever???

Well maybe yes, as Walter did the asking not me. Ask him! I just answered his question. BTW Walter is I think, a Homes fan!

 

BTW if CovCath would have won, based on past Cooper post, yes the Cooper fans would have been crying all night long about the stripes!

 

If you think the fans went nuts after beating Cooper in their Frosh game, you haven't see CovCath play.:ohbrother::walk:

 

I have seen CC play! Your the one crying about kids playing frosh and being on varsity roster. And yes I think the stripes were bad in this game, both sides got some bad calls.

I have seen CC play! Your the one crying about kids playing frosh and being on varsity roster. And yes I think the stripes were bad in this game, both sides got some bad calls.

 

No freshman has even sat on a varsity bench this season.

A

The unwritten rule is, you dont drop down freeshman players who did not play freshman all year just for the tournament (SK, St Henry, Beechwood) . Cooper did not break this so called rule.

 

Please clarify what you mean with these schools? Do they not follow the rule? Because I don't ever recall 1 freshman in the past 10yrs to play at St Henry and play both Freshman and JV???? But I know thats not the case at SK.

I have seen CC play! Your the one crying about kids playing frosh and being on varsity roster. And yes I think the stripes were bad in this game, both sides got some bad calls.

 

First Walter was the one who ask the question about a Frosh player on Cooper Team starting Varsity for Cooper, I didn't ask the question just answered the question.

 

Lets see what I wrote:

 

"W" he hasn't started at least in the couple of games that I have seen but yes he does play/dress with the varsity as does Collins and Centers! He played against CovCath.

 

So I told "W" that the young man didn't start in any games that I have seen Cooper play in, but that he does dress and play. He did play against CovCath. So what did I do or say that was wrong or not truthful?

 

I know that Dixie, Holmes, Beechwood, CovCath, HHS and a couple of other teams won't allow a young freshmen to play freshmen ball, if he plays varsity and or even starts or plays a lot on the JV level.

 

Again I spoke the truth. Beechwood didn't play their Varsity frosh, Dixie didn't play Hatton, CovCath doesn't have any Frosh play varsity and none really plays JV. So again I spoke the truth!

 

Cooper is the only one that I am aware of that allows this!

Again, I am only aware of Cooper allowing kids to get varsity minutes in their games, then allowing them to play quite a bit of JV and then play Frosh! If you know of other please let me know of them!

No big deal, but I just hope that it won't affect a pretty much unwritten rule of the coaches to keep it frosh who play frosh only tourney.

 

And did you read the bold..... NO BIG DEAL!!!!!

Your in the clear TOG atleast in my book.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.