Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is John Wall frustrated or unhappy?

Featured Replies

In the NBA he'll have guys who have been there before who will help him in many ways. I don't think he should be allowed to address the media as a freshman.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with many other posters above. For the first time in a while Wall is being told that he isn't playing well. That he's not perfect. I'm sure Wall takes great pride in his play and to be told that it hasn't been up to par is something that could be rough for him to hear.

 

I was actually going to say what Wall said in the update thread yesterday. It seems like he hasn't been having as much fun the last few games.

 

No doubt in my mind that Cal gets Wall straitened out. No one is perfect, this will be a good learning experience for him.

I agree with many other posters above. For the first time in a while Wall is being told that he isn't playing well. That he's not perfect. I'm sure Wall takes great pride in his play and to be told that it hasn't been up to par is something that could be rough for him to hear.

 

I was actually going to say what Wall said in the update thread yesterday. It seems like he hasn't been having as much fun the last few games.

 

No doubt in my mind that Cal gets Wall straitened out. No one is perfect, this will be a good learning experience for him.

 

What was the game a couple of weeks ago where he just looked like he was going through the motions, and Cal said afterwards that he just hadn't been feeling well? Was it Auburn? Maybe Georgia?

I think reality has set in a little. Two and sometimes three a day practices. There are days when they start at 6:00a.m. and this started when he got to Lexington. Officially in October but way earlier. Then as a player at Kentucky you lose your first game...at the end of January. There comes a time when a 18 or 19 year old kid realizes that basketball has become more of a job. Especially at Kentucky where you have millions critiquiqing your every move.

 

Wall is probably a little tired from the wear & tear of a season that is 2/3 over. He'll be alright and Coach Cal will coach him up. I'm gonna sit back and be thankful that this young man played and learned about life in a Big Blue uniform.

I think it's been obvious that Wall has been down lately. He hasn't been as aggressive and you don't see him smiling as often as he was earlier in the season. I hope he gets it fixed because he has as much fun as anyone I've seen on the basketball court.

IMO...Wall would like to come back next year. He is sort-of pouting. He may have the feeling that he is being pushed out the door a little. I'm just saying...

IMO...Wall would like to come back next year. He is sort-of pouting. He may have the feeling that he is being pushed out the door a little. I'm just saying...

 

I doubt this very, very seriously.

IMO...Wall would like to come back next year. He is sort-of pouting. He may have the feeling that he is being pushed out the door a little. I'm just saying...

 

I disagree. I don't think it has ever been his intention to play college ball for more than a year. If he didn't have to wait a year to get into the draft he never would have gone to college. Wall coming back to school next year is a pipe dream, IMO.

 

 

Plus, if his coach keeps calling him out, he definitely won't be back.

Anyone think the shoe might not fit as well on the other foot?

 

When it was all Wall all the time everyone else had to be ok with the media attention he was getting. Now that Cousins has grabbed a LOT of the spot light along with the talk of Bledsoe being a 1st round pick...

 

Might also not be as fun to play Devin Downey as it was to play the PG from Miami of Ohio.

I disagree. I don't think it has ever been his intention to play college ball for more than a year. If he didn't have to wait a year to get into the draft he never would have gone to college. Wall coming back to school next year is a pipe dream, IMO.

 

 

Plus, if his coach keeps calling him out, he definitely won't be back.

 

So, is he just a young man trying to find his way? Is he having a great time in the college limelight? Interesting conversations for people who probably love to watch the guy play. So should we also leave him alone and let him do what he does?:idunno: I personally support him in what he decides. If it is the NBA, I will actually watch some regular season NBA games next year just to see him. He seems to be a good role-model for the youngsters. IMO

It's Cal's job to call him out. Selectively in the press, but none the less, his job.

It's Cal's job to call him out. Selectively in the press, but none the less, his job.

 

Right, and then the media comes to Wall and asks him how he feels and he's honest about it. Now comes all of the speculation as to how he feels, whether he'll stay, etc.....etc.

 

A young man got his feelings hurt by his coach. Nothing more nothing less. none of this affects his draft status and he is most likely gone after 1 year.

Anyone think the shoe might not fit as well on the other foot?

When it was all Wall all the time everyone else had to be ok with the media attention he was getting. Now that Cousins has grabbed a LOT of the spot light along with the talk of Bledsoe being a 1st round pick...

 

Might also not be as fun to play Devin Downey as it was to play the PG from Miami of Ohio.

 

That's a reach.

 

Downey missed 20 shots and it was SC's offensive rebounding and intensity that beat UK, not Downey.

 

 

Is the spotlight on Big Cuz a good spotlight or a bad spotlight? I rarely see anything good said about Big Cuz.

 

A blind man can see that Bledsoe is not ready, let alone a 1st round pick. Only one person has Bledsoe as a 1st round pick. He's isn't even mentioned in most mock drafts.

So, is he just a young man trying to find his way? Is he having a great time in the college limelight? Interesting conversations for people who probably love to watch the guy play. So should we also leave him alone and let him do what he does?:idunno: I personally support him in what he decides. If it is the NBA, I will actually watch some regular season NBA games next year just to see him. He seems to be a good role-model for the youngsters. IMO

 

They are all young men trying to find their way and I am sure they all enjoy the college experience. Just like Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, Carmelo Anthony.....I am sure he'll enjoy the NBA limelight just as much, if not more.

 

I enjoy watching him play, but look forward to watching him play even more with guys who can match his athleticism. The college game seems slow to him.

That's a reach.

 

Downey missed 20 shots and it was SC's offensive rebounding and intensity that beat UK, not Downey.

 

 

Is the spotlight on Big Cuz a good spotlight or a bad spotlight? I rarely see anything good said about Big Cuz.

 

A blind man can see that Bledsoe is not ready, let alone a 1st round pick. Only one person has Bledsoe as a 1st round pick. He's isn't even mentioned in most mock drafts.

 

On ESPN after the game I bet they said Downey's name 100 times.

 

I've heard them call Big Cuz the best post player in college. Occasional talk about player of the year stuff when they say he's averaging 18 and 11 in only 20 minutes of playing time.

 

Spin it however you see fit, but Wall is having to share the spot light for the first time and I'm throwing out there that maybe he doesn't like it too much. No knock, just a possible reason for his smile to have disapeared lately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.