Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds options at SS

Who would be the Reds best option at SS? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would be the Reds best option at SS?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

As far as Damon, do you think he would be valuable in the clubhouse as Scott Rolen seems to be? The next question, he is playing at GABP. If he is healthy do you think it possible for him to bat 450 times and hit 15 -18 HR's. Have an average of .280. in the first or second spot in the line up. Seems he has been offered 2 million and turned it down. Would he turn down 3.5 ? Is he worth that?

 

 

Damon's not really a big clubhouse guy. He's not a negative influence, he's just pretty laid back and does his own thing--at least he was with the Red Sox. Not really a leader. If he's healthy in the Reds lineup I'd say you could count on .275 15 HRs, 70 RBIs and 90 Runs. He is no longer an average fielder but he couldn't be worse than Adam Dunn was. I don't know if he's really a leadoff hitter anymore but he's probably better than anyone the Reds have for that spot. If they could sign him for a one year deal for less than $4 million he'd be a good buy. I wouldn't want to commit to him beyond one year though.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damon's not really a big clubhouse guy. He's not a negative influence, he's just pretty laid back and does his own thing--at least he was with the Red Sox. Not really a leader. If he's healthy in the Reds lineup I'd say you could count on .275 15 HRs, 70 RBIs and 90 Runs. He is no longer an average fielder but he couldn't be worse than Adam Dunn was. I don't know if he's really a leadoff hitter anymore but he's probably better than anyone the Reds have for that spot. If they could sign him for a one year deal for less than $4 million he'd be a good buy. I wouldn't want to commit to him beyond one year though.

 

That's about exactly what I want out of Damon. A top of the order hitter (#1 or #2, it doesn't matter). Hit around .280 & get on base for Phillips, Votto & Rolen.

 

A top of the order professional hitter could make this a drastically different team. Damon wouldn't have the type of protection that he enjoyed in Bawston & New Yawk, but the guy can hit the ball. His defense in LF doesn't concern me.

Damon's not really a big clubhouse guy. He's not a negative influence, he's just pretty laid back and does his own thing--at least he was with the Red Sox. Not really a leader. If he's healthy in the Reds lineup I'd say you could count on .275 15 HRs, 70 RBIs and 90 Runs. He is no longer an average fielder but he couldn't be worse than Adam Dunn was. I don't know if he's really a leadoff hitter anymore but he's probably better than anyone the Reds have for that spot. If they could sign him for a one year deal for less than $4 million he'd be a good buy. I wouldn't want to commit to him beyond one year though.

 

That we would be an upgrade for what we have now. Jocketty is a good baseball man. Interesting to see what happens.

From mlbtraderumors:

 

SATURDAY, 3:10pm: Cabrera is leaning towards accepting the Reds' offer, tweets Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports. He adds that a deal will likely get done today.

Reds agree with Orlando Cabrera...one yr/$3 M w/ $3 M option for 2011 w/$1 M buyout

Well, judging by these names that are being thrown around, guess we're starting the new decade off as we ended the old. A losing ball club. 11th straight year. What a joke...:puke:

 

If I ever feel compelled to call a suicide help line, I hope you are not at the other end of the line.

Edited by the mathemagician

mc, just having fun with you. I share your frustration. I have been a huge Reds' fan for many years and, like you, I am not at all satisfied with 75 wins a year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.