January 25, 201016 yr St. John's has one DECENT win (two if you count Cincinnati.) And that is beating a Georgia team who is a bottom feeder in the SEC. Don't tell Temple or Siena... :lol:
January 25, 201016 yr And that is beating a Georgia team who is a bottom feeder in the SEC. What's that make Tennessee?
January 25, 201016 yr Don't tell Temple or Siena... :lol: Ok, St. John's has two decent wins, maybe 3. Temple will have a great seed in the tournament after they run through the A-10.
January 25, 201016 yr So RPI Top 100 loses are bad on the road? Stop now... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not trying to argue but I thought you said that RPI was not really considered by the selection committee? So will they be more likely to look at St. John's RPI when looking at that loss or the fact that they are 13th in the Big East and also lost to Cornell and Providence at home? :idunno:
January 25, 201016 yr What's that make Tennessee? A team who was playing well on emotion & heart. I picked UGA to win that game actually.
January 25, 201016 yr Temple will have a great seed in the tournament after they run through the A-10. And a neutral floor loss to what you seem to think is an awful St John's team... :lol:
January 25, 201016 yr Don't tell Temple or Siena... :lol: Siena? Siena will finish the season with ZERO quality wins.
January 25, 201016 yr Siena? Siena will finish the season with ZERO quality wins. And is in the RPI Top 50. You keep talking opinion and I'll stick to the facts that play into the process... :thumb:
January 25, 201016 yr And is in the RPI Top 50. You keep talking opinion and I'll stick to the facts that play into the process... :thumb: I'm well aware of Siena's ranking. I'm also well aware that the RPI is a FORMULA that is not entirely indicative of a team's ability to play. The FACTS are that Siena has ZERO quality wins and will finish the season with the same number.
January 25, 201016 yr And is in the RPI Top 50. You keep talking opinion and I'll stick to the facts that play into the process... :thumb: What about what I asked you earlier? Like I said I'm not trying to argue, just curious....
January 25, 201016 yr I'm not trying to argue but I thought you said that RPI was not really considered by the selection committee? So will they be more likely to look at St. John's RPI when looking at that loss or the fact that they are 13th in the Big East and also lost to Cornell and Providence at home? :idunno: RPI is factored in when looking at your resume. Your specific RPI does not matter at all, but the RPI of your opponents is used to judge how you fared against your schedule. Where they finish in the Big East will not matter at all...
January 25, 201016 yr RPI is factored in when looking at your resume. Your specific RPI does not matter at all, but the RPI of your opponents is used to judge how you fared against your schedule. Where they finish in the Big East will not matter at all... So the RPI of the "bubble team" doesn't matter but they look at the RPIs of their wins and losses to determine good vs. bad losses? Now another question: When looking at your opponents RPI do they factor in your RPI ranking in comparison to the teams you won or lost? For example, if you were 40th in RPI and lost to the 80th ranked RPI team on the road would that make it any worse of a loss due to the disparity to the rankings or would any road loss to a 50th-100th RPI team be viewed pretty much the same?
January 25, 201016 yr Now another question: When looking at your opponents RPI do they factor in your RPI ranking in comparison to the teams you won or lost? For example, if you were 40th in RPI and lost to the 80th ranked RPI team on the road would that make it any worse of a loss due to the disparity to the rankings or would any road loss to a 50th-100th RPI team be viewed pretty much the same? The latter. Exact opponent RPI isn't a factor. It's broken down to Top 25/50/100 and levels of bad from there...
January 25, 201016 yr If the season ended today, I don't see any way UC makes the tourney. Wins over Vandy, UConn and Maryland have them on the good side of the bubble right now. They've been in the same spot the last two seasons and imploded down the stretch, so that clearly means very little given what they have on the horizon with GTown, Cuse, Nova and WVU still on the schedule. Problem is they have done well in those type games and lost to the DePaul, USF, Providence and lower types. Still a lot of work left to be done for this team...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.