Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Free Agents

Featured Replies

Here are the Bengals potential free agents heading into this offseason:

 

No. Player Pos. Exp. Type of FA

5 Jordan Palmer QB 2 Restricted*

17 Shayne Graham K 9 Unrestricted

20 David Jones CB 3 Restricted

23 Jeremi Johnson FB 7 Unrestricted

27 Larry Johnson RB 7 Unrestricted

31 Roy Williams S 8 Unrestricted

34 Kyries Hebert S 2 Restricted*

52 Abdul Hodge LB 4 Restricted!

53 Rashad Jeanty LB 4 Restricted!

59 Brandon Johnson LB 4 Restricted!

62 Nate Livings G 2 Restricted*

63 Bobbie Williams G 10 Unrestricted

64 Kyle Cook C 2 Restricted*

66 Evan Mathis G 5 Restricted!

74 Dennis Roland T 2 Restricted*

82 Reggie Kelly TE 11 Unrestricted

86 Dan Coats TE 3 Restricted

88 J.P. Foschi TE 3 Restricted

92 Frostee Rucker DE 4 Restricted!

96 Shaun Smith DT 6 Unrestricted

99 Tank Johnson DT 6 Unrestricted

 

* With two years or less are classified as exclusive rights free agents

 

! Would be restricted instead of unrestricted in an uncapped year.

 

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/01/12/free-agent-list/

  • Author

I think the Bengals will re-sign the following:

 

Tank Johnson

Nate Livings

Evan Mathis

Kyle Cook

Rashad Jeanty

Brandon Johnson

Reggie Kelly (CP9 loves him)

 

 

I think we'll eventually sign Roy Williams & Jeremi Johnson, too.

 

We'll probably re-sign Jordan Palmer.

 

I'm interested to see what we do with Larry Johnson. I highly doubt he'll stay in Cincinnati. I doubt there's enough interest to make it worth using the franchise tag. There is also a "transition tag", which is probably not worth it either.

I think the Bengals will re-sign the following:

 

Tank Johnson

Nate Livings

Evan Mathis

Kyle Cook

Rashad Jeanty

Brandon Johnson

Reggie Kelly (CP9 loves him)

 

 

I think we'll eventually sign Roy Williams & Jeremi Johnson, too.

 

We'll probably re-sign Jordan Palmer.

 

I'm interested to see what we do with Larry Johnson. I highly doubt he'll stay in Cincinnati. I doubt there's enough interest to make it worth using the franchise tag. There is also a "transition tag", which is probably not worth it either.

You never know with Mike Brown. We did franchise our kicker!

You never know with Mike Brown. We did franchise our kicker!

 

It gave them space to sign Ced to a 2 year deal so looks like that was a pretty darn good move if you ask me.

  • Author
You never know with Mike Brown. We did franchise our kicker!

 

Franchising Shayne Graham wasn't a bad move. It allowed the Bengals to save money and avoided a long-term deal.

 

If the Bengals had signed Graham to the deal that he was asking for, I'd imagine he'd still be under contract.

 

Everybody would be ripping that now.

I don't know how true it is, but I heard LJ didn't dress on Saturday due to a spat with another player.

  • Author
I don't know how true it is, but I heard LJ didn't dress on Saturday due to a spat with another player.

 

I do know that he was inactive. Don't know why.

 

Bernard Scott has looked great.

 

What do we do with LJ? Do we just let him walk?

Is Benson under contract?

 

There was 2 fights at practice that week maybe he had something to do with it. I don't think it matters he won't be here next year.

Franchising Shayne Graham wasn't a bad move. It allowed the Bengals to save money and avoided a long-term deal.

 

If the Bengals had signed Graham to the deal that he was asking for, I'd imagine he'd still be under contract.

 

Everybody would be ripping that now.

 

Or, they could have done the smart thing and let him walk and picked up any of the dozens of capable kickers out there who were out of a job at the time, and saved a bundle of cash in the process.

LJ probably wont be here. He wants to be a starter and he wont get that chance here.

  • Author
Or, they could have done the smart thing and let him walk and picked up any of the dozens of capable kickers out there who were out of a job at the time, and saved a bundle of cash in the process.

 

Shayne Graham, from a statistical standpoint, was one of the best kickers in the NFL.

Shayne Graham, from a statistical standpoint, was one of the best kickers in the NFL.

 

He is good statistically, just not clutch. He makes the ones that have little pressure or impact on the final outcome of the game. He lost a lot of money in this last game.

Or, they could have done the smart thing and let him walk and picked up any of the dozens of capable kickers out there who were out of a job at the time, and saved a bundle of cash in the process.

 

Is it not ironic that Graham will be one of those very kickers this offseason? Oh what a difference a year makes (and missed kicks in the playoffs)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.