Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lights coming to Walton Verona field

Featured Replies

Donated or is the school system paying for them?

They are putting together one awesome complex out there in Verona.

Very nice!! Congrats! I agree, the complex there is a good one. I also would like to hear how they are financing this. and what the cost is. There was a big thread this season about lights at Cov Cath and I am interested in how this compares with what was stated in that thread.

Donated or is the school system paying for them?

 

Not 100% sure. But I do know many small businesses in Walton have had donation boxes since back in early fall for "Light up Walton". So at least some of it is donations.

How many light posts would it take for them to actually light up Walton? Unlike CCH, they don't have to worry about disturbing the neighbors.

How many light posts would it take for them to actually light up Walton? Unlike CCH, they don't have to worry about disturbing the neighbors.

 

 

4 posts

4 posts

 

I was being a bit sarcastic since the field is a few miles from the actual city of Walton. It'll be nice for the kids of WV to be able to play on Friday nights at home this season.

Any of the other fields (baseball or softball) getting lights?

Maybe financing with the shout outs they sold at the youth games. Great idea.

They are putting together one awesome complex out there in Verona.

 

:thumb:

 

I think the long range plans include the building of a new high school at the same site. That will really make it nice for the kids to have those facilities on-site, instead of having to drive to them.

How many light posts would it take for them to actually light up Walton? Unlike CCH, they don't have to worry about disturbing the neighbors.

 

I'm not so sure. Has anyone checked with the cows in the area?? :laugh:

I was being a bit sarcastic since the field is a few miles from the actual city of Walton. It'll be nice for the kids of WV to be able to play on Friday nights at home this season.

 

 

 

I got the sarcasm and I stand by my estimate 4!:clap:

I believe that lighting the fields for the baseball and softball are in the works. Not sure of a time frame. It will be nice to see the kids play football on Friday nights next year. I don't think the cows and horses will mind.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.