Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Calipari does he worry any of the Kentucky fans?

Featured Replies

I have wanted him since Tubby left. I think he is the most complete coach and the absolute best fit that Kentucky could have ever imagined.

 

With that said, anyone has to be worrisome about two Final Fours vacated. Everyone says he was named in the reports - and he wasn't. And no other coach in America would have benched Rose or stopped recruiting him after the NCAA cleared him.

 

I think if Kentucky makes the Final Four this season, there won't be any worries for this year as it is the first year and everything is so fresh. I would hope that the NCAA overturns their ruling and gives Memphis and Coach Cal their Final Four back.

 

With that said, I'm enjoying every minute of him as our basketball coach.

I have wanted him since Tubby left. I think he is the most complete coach and the absolute best fit that Kentucky could have ever imagined.

 

With that said, anyone has to be worrisome about two Final Fours vacated. Everyone says he was named in the reports - and he wasn't. And no other coach in America would have benched Rose or stopped recruiting him after the NCAA cleared him.

 

I think if Kentucky makes the Final Four this season, there won't be any worries for this year as it is the first year and everything is so fresh. I would hope that the NCAA overturns their ruling and gives Memphis and Coach Cal their Final Four back.

 

With that said, I'm enjoying every minute of him as our basketball coach.

 

SSF, believe it or not, but I am right there with you about wanting him since Tubby. I'm sure there are many others who will jump on and try to say they've wanted him the longest too, but I really have.

 

And I agree, I really think the NCAA should and will give reverse the Rose decision.

SSF, believe it or not, but I am right there with you about wanting him since Tubby. I'm sure there are many others who will jump on and try to say they've wanted him the longest too, but I really have.

 

And I agree, I really think the NCAA should and will give reverse the Rose decision.

 

Yes, if you look back to old threads from here, I am one of the few that pumped Calipari's name up over and over.

 

Ironically, the vast majority of Kentucky fans had disdain for Calipari and I even remember seeing a thread on CatsPause that was something like this:

 

The question asked: When you hear John Calipari, what do you think?

 

A lot of the answers were negative.

 

Cheater

Liar

Slimy

Dirty

 

It's funny because most of those people are singing his praise now.

  • Author

Real fans do not change their true thoughts on a coach over night.

At least I hope not.

Real fans do not change their true thoughts on a coach over night.

At least I hope not.

 

All of this coming from a supporter of "the Weasel Vest."

Don't worry, be happy!!--Bobby Mc.

 

Why worry about things you can't control...enjoy this team as a fan and UK's "rebirth". I have commented to others that this seems almost too good to be true once or twice myself. I guess we will cross the bridge over troubled waters--S&G, if/when we come to it. :walk:

Yes, if you look back to old threads from here, I am one of the few that pumped Calipari's name up over and over.

 

Ironically, the vast majority of Kentucky fans had disdain for Calipari and I even remember seeing a thread on CatsPause that was something like this:

 

The question asked: When you hear John Calipari, what do you think?

 

A lot of the answers were negative.

 

Cheater

Liar

Slimy

Dirty

 

It's funny because most of those people are singing his praise now.

 

Weren't you the guy who said Billy D was already hired by Kentucky? :D

Yes, I'm worried.

 

But I'll be honest and say that Cal was the guy I wanted this time around (wanted Billy D after Tubby left). Cal has baggage, but I was willing to roll the dice with him (as I think Barnhart was too). I'm well aware that this could blow up in our face.

Yes, if you look back to old threads from here, I am one of the few that pumped Calipari's name up over and over.

 

Ironically, the vast majority of Kentucky fans had disdain for Calipari and I even remember seeing a thread on CatsPause that was something like this:

 

The question asked: When you hear John Calipari, what do you think?

 

A lot of the answers were negative.

 

Cheater

Liar

Slimy

Dirty

 

It's funny because most of those people are singing his praise now.

 

 

I usually don't comment much on these crazy Kentucky threads even though I'm a huge fan, but

 

when Gilespie was ousted you pumped every coach with any kind of connection to Kentucky over and over-look back over the threads

 

I was following it very closely on here and it seemed like every hour you had another source that said someone was hired until you finally hit the right one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.