Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

World Wide Wes @ Game Today

Featured Replies

I like WWW. He's a good dude IMO, for whatever reason these players seem to love him. He is well connected and the athletes benefit in the long run IMO. IF he helped place Rose at Memphis, then he put him with a coach that really highlighted and enhanced his abilities. He is good for the players IMO.

 

:laugh:

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no issues with WWW, but I just couldn't resist that joke - it practically wrote itself lol.

 

I took me a minute....:lol:

:laugh:

 

I guess players shouldn't look out for their best interest.:idunno:

I guess players shouldn't look out for their best interest.:idunno:

 

:thumb: I'm with you on this one Cats. Why wouldn't they?

Can anyone tell me who the guy that sits behind UK's bench is? He sort of looks like Elton John and wears the blue tinted glasses? He must have some clout.

 

Lokked like Ozzy Osborne with a haircut!

:thumb: I'm with you on this one Cats. Why wouldn't they?

 

Because WWW didn't guide Wagner, Rose, etc. to U of L of course :lol:. WWW is bad for college basketball IMO, the setup up of collegiate sports is where the problem is in my eyes.:thumb:

Lokked like Ozzy Osborne with a haircut!

 

I thought he looked more like "Fossil Man" that won the World Series of Poker a few years back. :lol:

CatsCatsCats,

 

 

No, laughing because you said whatever the reason (reason is pretty obvious). Sorry I confused you. I have no problem with WWW. Show me where I said I did.

 

But since you brought it up, UofL could of had Evans at one point. Dropped off him when he got in trouble for the whole drive by gun trouble thing. Cards lost Wagner to Memphis because Milt got a job on Cal's staff that year (can't blame the Wagner's for taking advantage of that). They were never in on Rose.

 

Pitino and Crum are pals with WWW too. WWW got his start from an ex-Card. Until the guy is found guilty of something, there's nothing to dislike about him.:idunno:

CatsCatsCats,

 

 

No, laughing because you said whatever the reason (reason is pretty obvious). Sorry I confused you. I have no problem with WWW. Show me where I said I did.

 

But since you brought it up, UofL could of had Evans at one point. Dropped off him when he got in trouble for the whole drive by gun trouble thing. Cards lost Wagner to Memphis because Milt got a job on Cal's staff that year (can't blame the Wagner's for taking advantage of that). They were never in on Rose.

 

Pitino and Crum are pals with WWW too. WWW got his start from an ex-Card. Until the guy is found guilty of something, there's nothing to dislike about him.:idunno:

 

I gotcha. I took it as "crying" about WWW and his connections, which it obviously wasn't on your part. My mistake.:thumb:

I gotcha. I took it as "crying" about WWW and his connections, which it obviously wasn't on your part. My mistake.:thumb:

 

WWW isn't the only one in the business. That's why fans can't really complain about him. Sonny Vaccaro used to be a big player for Nike too. Then he left and went to Adidas (probably the reason UofL is an Adidas school--at least I always figured that was a big reason why). Pitino and Vaccaro used to be really tight. But I'd imagine the whole Jeremy Tyler thing has ended that.

Wes is involved with a lot more programs than most anyone realizes...

 

Exactly my point. No doubt Cal and him have a great relationship, but he isn't the only one.

The infamous "Worldwide Wes" was in attendance at the UK/UL game today--seated in the front row on the opposite side of the floor as the UK bench.

 

For those who DVR'd the game, check it out with exactly 16:00 left to play in the 1st half. You see the back-side of Patterson as he's getting ready to take the ball out. The ref is on the left side of Patterson, and in between them, you get a good shot at the people seated on the front row.

 

And on that front row are two African-American men. The one on the right, with the bald head, blue jeans, sports coat, & tennis shoes is one William Wesley, a.k.a. "Worldwide Wes."

 

For those who aren't familiar with Wes, Google "Worldwide Wes."

 

For those to lazy to do that, understand that he's the currently the greatest friend of the program for the University of Kentucky.

 

Great eye!

  • Author
Great eye!

 

I got a tip that Wes was there for the game and was seated "on the front row." For obvious reasons, I didn't think he would be directly behind the bench. Then I thought he might be where the players' family members are seated (in the end zone opposite the student section), but I couldn't see him there. Then I figured, "Hey, this is the most powerful man in sports. He's on the sideline."

 

No sooner than I thought that and there he was.

Simmons is talking a little about WWW's impact on where NBA free agents may go next summer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.