Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK QB Leaving?

Featured Replies

Is there any truth to the rumor that a freshman qb will announce they are transferring following the bowl game?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any truth to the rumor that a freshman qb will announce they are transferring following the bowl game?

 

The one from Texas?

  • Author
The one from Texas?

 

 

Yes

Why would Ryan Mossakowski transfer? He has been hurt all year and has yet to compete for the QB job yet at 100% strength yet? Ill-advised, if true, in my opinion...

  • Author
Why would Ryan Mossakowski transfer? He has been hurt all year and has yet to compete for the QB job yet at 100% strength yet? Ill-advised, if true, in my opinion...

 

First thing that comes to mind is that he will only be the starter for one year.

After redshirting this year.

 

It will be hard to overtake Newton.

First thing that comes to mind is that he will only be the starter for one year.

After redshirting this year.

 

It will be hard to overtake Newton.

 

I know when he first signed his LOI to Kentucky, the question was raised about the competition at the QB position as they were bringing in Newton as it was and he had 2 junior QBs ahead of him as well and he said himself that competition was a good thing because it would make him hungrier to win out and to improve his skills. I definitely remember reading this so I'm going to try and find the link, but it seems he is going back on his word.

  • Author
No way!

 

Is this speculation or a rumor?

 

 

 

Grapevine

I will tell you what I know.

 

Ryan Mossakowski is very much looking forward to spring practice. He will know where he stands when it is over. Ryan very much needs the winter workout program to get stronger and tighten up the muscle group supporting his surgically repaired shoulder. When he reported to camp in August, he was very weak and his arm was even weaker. His arm strength has come a long way since that time.

 

Ryan Mossakowski is one hit on that shoulder from being injured again. His injury, like Sam Bradford's of Oklahoma, takes lots of time to heal if it ever will heal.

 

Here is a Ryan Mossakowski/Morgan Newton comparison as to who is better at what:

 

Reading defenses - Mossakowski

Athleticism - Newton

Arm strength - Newton

Leadership - tie

Running ability - Newton

Pocket passing presence - Mossakowski

Understanding of game - Mossakowski

Catchable ball - Mossakowski

Durablility - Newton

Accuracy - Mossakowski

Experience - Newton (by a landslide)

 

Morgan Newton gained a huge advantage in this quarterback competition by getting to start and play in the last seven regular season games this season and the upcoming bowl game.

 

For the offense UK has shown they are determined to run, a healthy Ryan Mossakowski is much more suited. Question is......can he get healthy and stay healthy?

IF Moss is going to transfer he should go to JuCo for a season if he's healthy, IMO. Play right away, show off his stuff and be able to have his choices after next season with a chance to start somewhere. If he isn't healthy he should go ahead and transfer to another school where he would have to sit out a year anyways (or at least I think he would).

 

I don't see him transferring, but if he does I think it either shows that he doesn't have much confidence in himself or Brooks and Co. have made it clear that Newton is the man going forward. I don't buy either so I think he stays. JMO.

Isnt he a Big Time Baseball prospect?

 

I figure he will play baseball at UK.

3 way battle in the Spring for the QB job. That is what is reported in the Lex. Herald this morning. This from Coach Phillips. He said the Bowl would have no effect on it. We all know it will some but this is what he stated. I say Mossakowski is not going anywhere, yet anyway. They said mentally he is ahead of any QB at this point in his career.

3 way battle in the Spring for the QB job. That is what is reported in the Lex. Herald this morning. This from Coach Phillips. He said the Bowl would have no effect on it. We all know it will some but this is what he stated. I say Mossakowski is not going anywhere, yet anyway. They said mentally he is ahead of any QB at this point in his career.

 

Great to hear man. I want him to stay. Competition will bring out the best in the 2 young QB's. I don't really want Hartline to win the job, we've seen what he can do and to be honest we can win just as much with Newton from what we've seen IMO. Going on what I've heard, if Moss is healthy he could realistically be the best QB on the roster.

I really hope this isn't true. A healthy Mossakowski is UK's best future at the QB spot with the offense they want to run. I just don't believe Newton will ever be the type of QB that will shine in this offense.

3 way battle in the Spring for the QB job. r.

 

In theory.

 

Its the big boy's to lose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.