Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 59 Conner 53

Featured Replies

CCH tied for first in the 33rd.

 

When did CCH join the 33rd?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My MVP of the game though was Senior Michael Robinson who came off the bench and drained two three point shots in two attempts tonight!

 

An excellent selection but I would add Mark Wehry of Cov Cath I Radio as Co-MVP of the game. Because of Mark's dedication to broadcasting the games, Michael Robinson's father, John Robinson, was able to listen to his son draining the 3's live from his hospital bed. Great job Mark. :notworthy::notworthy:

An excellent selection but I would add Mark Wehry of Cov Cath I Radio as Co-MVP of the game. Because of Mark's dedication to broadcasting the games, Michael Robinson's father, John Robinson, was able to listen to his son draining the 3's live from his hospital bed. Great job Mark. :notworthy::notworthy:

 

And some people wonder why Mark and CovCath do these Internet Radio Broadcast. This comment above alone tells me that no matter the cost, it is worth it!

 

BTW due to scheduling conflicts Mark had to do the game by himself Tuesday night.

 

 

To listen to the game click here

The CovCath frosh and JV continued their ways last night by beating the Cougars by 11 and 18 respectively!

 

The CovCath Frosh came out cold while Conner was a hot as hot can be and led at one point in the game by as many as 14 points before the young Colonels came storming back to win their game.

 

The JV pretty much were in control from the start to finish of the game!

 

BTW, a big and I mean a huge tip of Theoldguy hat to the Crazies! tonight for their effort!

 

On a Tuesday night in far off Conner, the Crazies had more student at this game than (IMO) did Conner. Not once in the entire game (other than the Cheerleaders) did I hear a peep out of the few Conner student body in attendance. The Crazies even tried doing the old Huskers cheer from the movie Hoosiers "We got spirit how about you" a couple of times and got nothing out of the Conner students. Great job Seniors!

The CovCath frosh and JV continued their ways last night by beating the Cougars by 11 and 18 respectively!

 

The CovCath Frosh came out cold while Conner was a hot as hot can be and led at one point in the game by as many as 14 points before the young Colonels came storming back to win their game.

 

The JV pretty much were in control from the start to finish of the game!

 

BTW, a big and I mean a huge tip of Theoldguy hat to the Crazies! tonight for their effort!

 

On a Tuesday night in far off Conner, the Crazies had more student at this game than (IMO) did Conner. Not once in the entire game (other than the Cheerleaders) did I hear a peep out of the few Conner student body in attendance. The Crazies even tried doing the old Huskers cheer from the movie Hoosiers "We got spirit how about you" a couple of times and got nothing out of the Conner students. Great job Seniors!

 

TOG - I have to admit that I was a bit worried about how the JV guys would respond when the Conner player hit that prayer 3 pointer at the buzzer to end the first half in a tie. My fears were quickly answered when the Colonels outscored the Cougars 15 to 5 in the third quarter to put the game out of reach.

 

As for the Varsity, I do agree that they did hit some key outside shots, however I think we on too many occasions settle for a quick outside shot, rather than seeing if we can get the ball down low to Wellbrock or Thelen. More often than not, those two finished or got to the line when they got the ball down low. Giving it to them up top though, well, they need to quit trying to feed each other. I do not know the exact number but it seems like we had a number of turnovers from Jake trying to feed Trevor or vice versa. Both need to be down low more and let the others get them the ball

An excellent selection but I would add Mark Wehry of Cov Cath I Radio as Co-MVP of the game. Because of Mark's dedication to broadcasting the games, Michael Robinson's father, John Robinson, was able to listen to his son draining the 3's live from his hospital bed. Great job Mark. :notworthy::notworthy:

Flotsam, you give me way too much credit, but I thank you. You are always very supportive of the CovCath and the broadcasts. If you all want to treat yourselves, go to the end of the broadcast and listen to Steven Wilson and Michael Robinson's interviews. The first time they've been on since Freshman year. Two of the most unselfish and humble kids I've ever talked to. These two are the model on how to conduct yourselves. They were as articulate as anyone we've ever interviewed. The game was nice. But hearing these two was better. Also, Michael's Dad John has been given a bad break. I will never forget getting his emails from his hospital bed during the game. One said at the end "Beat Cancer, Beat Highlands". Knowing he was hearing his boy Michael drain those 3's to put the Colonels ahead and extend the lead was one of the top moments ever on the air. After the year he had in football where Michael was cheated by that football he landed on and his Dad was looking so forward to Michael's senior season on the field, it was as close to a religious experience as I've ever been a part of. He has a lot to be proud of. God Bless John Robinson.

In re: to Trevor Wellbrock...

 

I haven't seen CovCath play this season, but from watching/playing with Trevor over the past few years, his biggest problem is that he settles for jumpshots too much. I assume that he is primarily concentrating on scoring down low, and dominating as an (expected)result. For those who have seen the Colonels- is this assumption correct?

  • Author
In re: to Trevor Wellbrock...

 

I haven't seen CovCath play this season, but from watching/playing with Trevor over the past few years, his biggest problem is that he settles for jumpshots too much. I assume that he is primarily concentrating on scoring down low, and dominating as an (expected)result. For those who have seen the Colonels- is this assumption correct?

 

I haven't seen him score from more than 5 feet out.

In re: to Trevor Wellbrock...

 

I haven't seen CovCath play this season, but from watching/playing with Trevor over the past few years, his biggest problem is that he settles for jumpshots too much. I assume that he is primarily concentrating on scoring down low, and dominating as an (expected)result. For those who have seen the Colonels- is this assumption correct?

I have not seen him shoot from 5 feet out. With Jake or Trevor the leading scorer every game, so much for the knock on this coaching staff that they have no offense for big men. Let's put that to bed.

I have not seen him shoot from 5 feet out. With Jake or Trevor the leading scorer every game, so much for the knock on this coaching staff that they have no offense for big men. Let's put that to bed.

I'll reserve judgment until I see a few games...but as noted earlier:

 

As for the Varsity, I do agree that they did hit some key outside shots, however I think we on too many occasions settle for a quick outside shot, rather than seeing if we can get the ball down low to Wellbrock or Thelen. More often than not, those two finished or got to the line when they got the ball down low. Giving it to them up top though, well, they need to quit trying to feed each other. I do not know the exact number but it seems like we had a number of turnovers from Jake trying to feed Trevor or vice versa. Both need to be down low more and let the others get them the ball

Flotsam, you give me way too much credit, but I thank you. You are always very supportive of the CovCath and the broadcasts. If you all want to treat yourselves, go to the end of the broadcast and listen to Steven Wilson and Michael Robinson's interviews. The first time they've been on since Freshman year. Two of the most unselfish and humble kids I've ever talked to. These two are the model on how to conduct yourselves. They were as articulate as anyone we've ever interviewed. The game was nice. But hearing these two was better. Also, Michael's Dad John has been given a bad break. I will never forget getting his emails from his hospital bed during the game. One said at the end "Beat Cancer, Beat Highlands". Knowing he was hearing his boy Michael drain those 3's to put the Colonels ahead and extend the lead was one of the top moments ever on the air. After the year he had in football where Michael was cheated by that football he landed on and his Dad was looking so forward to Michael's senior season on the field, it was as close to a religious experience as I've ever been a part of. He has a lot to be proud of. God Bless John Robinson.

 

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing and thanks for what you do for local sports!

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing and thanks for what you do for local sports!

 

:thumb::thumb: 100% agree!!!!

 

U-da-man Mark!!!

 

Thanks for everything you do for CCH and NDA internet broadcasts!!!

I'll reserve judgment until I see a few games...but as noted earlier:

 

cch5432 he truly hasn't, taken a shot from five foot out this season in the games that I have been to!

 

Hope to see you at the St. X game!

Wellbrock was very impressive. Most impressive on the floor for CovCath.

 

IMO, the most overall impressive player on the floor was Tyler Hodges. 20 pts, and multiple rebounds and blocked shots. Conner has been waiting on this young man to have this kind of game and he did it against Wellbrock, who is solid defensively.

 

The reason I say he was most impressive, because he sat most of the 3rd quarter with 3 fouls and because of a bad coaching decision in my opinion. Also, he has to compete with Clay Robinson down low, who is a very solid post player. Wellbrock doesnt have to contend with another strong post player as Hodges does.

 

For those of you who say "what about Thelen?"... He is a nice player. But, he is more of a combo player, than he is a post man, and his defense is lacking at times.

 

Watch out or the 6'8" Hodges if he continues to play like this.

cch5432 he truly hasn't, taken a shot from five foot out this season in the games that I have been to!

 

Hope to see you at the St. X game!

 

I meant that I'll reserve judgment on the "big man offense"

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.