Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP 12/9 Rankings

Featured Replies

Kentucky High School Girls Basketball Rankings 12-9

1. Marion County

2. Louisville Christian Academy

3. Manual

4. Sacred Heart

5. Rockcastle County

6. Butler

7. North Hardin

8. Mercy

9. Bullitt East

10. Bowling Green

11. Clay County

12. Lincoln County

13. Franklin County

14. Boone County

15. Montgomery County

16. Madison Central

17. Ashland Blazer

18. Simon Kenton

19. Webster County

20. Casey County

 

What are your thoughts? I'm kinda of curious how Bullitt East can be ranked below Butler when B.E. is 3-0, with a win over Butler. Also, I think it is interesting how many teams from the 7th and 12th regions are in here. Not that I disagree, I just think those regional tournaments will be VERY interesting.

How is Montgomery County over Highlands? Highlands beat them by 14 less than a week ago with not a lot of difficulty.

How is Montgomery County over Highlands? Highlands beat them by 14 less than a week ago with not a lot of difficulty.

 

 

Never understood the whole process. SK is on there this year after losing the 4 strong seniors they had and had to fight to get on last year with that strong team. :idunno:

Never understood the whole process. SK is on there this year after losing the 4 strong seniors they had and had to fight to get on last year with that strong team. :idunno:

 

I can't understand how Ryle or Highlands can be overlooked. Ryle beat Butler by 30 in a pre season game and lost to Marion County by 11 without playing any of their regular sets.

  • Author

I don't think they take pre-season games into account. They will have their chance against Marion when it matters here shortly.

I can't understand how Ryle or Highlands can be overlooked. Ryle beat Butler by 30 in a pre season game and lost to Marion County by 11 without playing any of their regular sets.

 

The Highlands omission is a big miss. My gosh just a little research. I just don't think enough people know how good Ryle is. They are equally as deserving.

Simon has no business being up there. Highlands and South Oldham should be at least an honorable mention.

  • Author

I love South's long-term potential, but they are 0-3...

Simon has no business being up there. Highlands and South Oldham should be at least an honorable mention.

 

That's a little strong. SK has been to Sweet 16 the last two years and Final 8 last season. Completly "walked" through the 8th last year. Three (3) very experienced state players returning (Wainscott-Brown-Ponzer). Impressive at times in early season. That is a little better resume than Highlands or S. Oldham starting a new season. You have to let them at least start the season on the T-20. Don't forget Neither of those teams could get past SK last year. :cool:

 

I did say earlier I don't understand how they calculate it. But if speculation has anything to do with it you can't exclude SK in the beginning. :walk:

I love South's long-term potential, but they are 0-3...

 

Excellent point. I am humbled.:notworthy:

Hard to see Boone still in the mix. Haven't looked good lately.

I am not sure how these things are picked...but a team that starts out in the top ten and beats another top 10 team should move ahead of that team, correct? Now if a team started off 20th and beat the number 1 team, I can see where they might remain a little behind them. Thoughts??????:confused:

Hey Ryle Fans, I am tired of hearing Ryle didn't use any sets against Marion. What makes you think Marion run any of theirs? The day is coming Ryle to see where you stand. The countdown begins.:ohbrother::ohbrother:

Simon Kenton better look out for Walton-Verona who is in their district and is very good. Simon may not even be top in their own district.

Why all the concerns with rankings? You can find any number of combinations of who beat who to make a case for a higher ranking. So what? It doesn't matter now anyway. I don't know the rankings from preseason last year, but I do know Rowan County beat Boone in Boone's tournament early last year and Boone beat Rowan in the state tournament. Which would you rather win. Rankings aren't worth the paper their written on at this point. Many of the voters go on last year's successes and what someone else has told them. The season starts in February.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.