Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does this surprise you about the Bengals/Ravens?

Featured Replies

It is a very interesting line, I thought it would be three the other way. Anybody who watched the game before knows that the Bengals were definitely the better team on the field. They gained 150 more yards and had it for nine and a half more minutes. I'm guessing most of the betting public doesn't know that though.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It makes sense to me.

 

1. Both losses are at home.

2. Seems like they usually split the Baltimore series.

3. Having trouble selling out home games may have been a factor, because they may assume many Baltimore fans will be at this game which will take some of the edge away from the home team.

4. As mentioned earlier, I think the Bengals typically struggle after the bye week.

 

I think I heard that Palmer is like 7 and 3 in his career against Baltimore. So when Palmer is at QB, the Bengals have won the majority of the time.

Well one winning season in the last 20 years will bring doubt.

2006 didn't the team fall apart at the end to not make the playoffs?

 

As a fan of Pittsburgh (who I think is better), I still have my doubts that cincy is for real. I am still confused of which team I would rather win this week, because the Ravens worry me more. I am just being honest.

 

I didn't realize that how teams did in the past, determined if a team in the current season is good or not. :idunno::ohbrother:

 

As I said before what does this team have to do to prove it? I mean people been saying the same thing for weeks. Well if they win this game, then I know they are for real. Is this going to go on all year? As I said before they could lose both of these next two games, and it still wouldn't mean they aren't for real. I mean at best Pittsburgh can only hope for a split with the Bengals this year, and what happens if they lose one also to Baltimore. Are they not for real then since they would have a split against those two teams if that happens?

A half a season does not serve as adequate proof that the Bengals have shed their old ways. So no, they have not earned the respect you guys long for, and still have a lot of convincing to do.

A half a season does not serve as adequate proof that the Bengals have shed their old ways. So no, they have not earned the respect you guys long for, and still have a lot of convincing to do.

 

That is exactly it. The line is placed so that there will be equal play on both sides and to this point, most people think the Bengals are still the Bengals even though they have been very good this year so far.

A half a season does not serve as adequate proof that the Bengals have shed their old ways. So no, they have not earned the respect you guys long for, and still have a lot of convincing to do.

 

Thanks Jim... :thumb:

 

The Bengals are off to a nice start, but that is all it is for now "a fast start".

Thanks Jim... :thumb:

 

The Bengals are off to a nice start, but that is all it is for now "a fast start".

 

A "fast start" would be like 3-1. 5-2 (3-0) is almost half of a season.

A "fast start" would be like 3-1. 5-2 (3-0) is almost half of a season.

 

ok... It's a good almost first half...

 

It still doesn't change the fact the most people (non Bengal fans) is not convinced that Cincy is for real.

 

Of course you know I think Pittsburgh is the class of the Division, but I still think Balt is better. Now if Cincy gets the sweep, that will definitly alter my view.

ok... It's a good almost first half...

 

It still doesn't change the fact the most people (non Bengal fans) is not convinced that Cincy is for real.

 

Of course you know I think Pittsburgh is the class of the Division, but I still think Balt is better. Now if Cincy gets the sweep, that will definitly alter my view.

 

Funny you should say that because last I checked the Bengals beat both. There is one team that is 3-0 in the div. and until that changes the Bengals are the talk of the AFC North.

Not surprising at all. The line in Baltimore was 9. The oddsmakers are letting us know they think they had the line correct the first time around.

That is exactly it. The line is placed so that there will be equal play on both sides and to this point, most people think the Bengals are still the Bengals even though they have been very good this year so far.

 

I still don't understand why people think they try to get equal play on both sides. It's just not how sports books operate. It makes sense that they want money on both sides but they aren't trying for a 50/50 split.

I still don't understand why people think they try to get equal play on both sides. It's just not how sports books operate. It makes sense that they want money on both sides but they aren't trying for a 50/50 split.

 

What is it then?

I still don't understand why people think they try to get equal play on both sides. It's just not how sports books operate. It makes sense that they want money on both sides but they aren't trying for a 50/50 split.

 

Yeah they are.

What is it then?

 

They try to win as much money as possible. To win the most money possible they want more money bet on the team that loses against the spread. How many games do you think are even close to 50/50?

Yeah they are.

 

No they aren't. What % of games do you think come close to 50/50?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.