Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Richard Seymour: Raiders couldn't beat a high school team

Which KY BGP Top Rated Team Has The Best Chance Of Beating The Oakland Raiders? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Which KY BGP Top Rated Team Has The Best Chance Of Beating The Oakland Raiders?

    • 1A - Lexington Christian
      0%
      0
    • 2A - Fort Campbell
      0%
      0
    • 3A - Central
      0%
      0
    • 4A - Boyle County
      2%
      1
    • 5A - Highlands
      80%
      40
    • 6A - Saint Xavier
      18%
      9

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/27/richard-seymour-raiders-couldnt-beat-a-high-school-team/

Oakland Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour is prone to mood swings. One week he thinks his team has playoff potential, and the next . . . well, the next Seymour thinks his team is just a wee bit short of playoff caliber.

 

After insisting last week that the Raiders will make the playoffs this year, Seymour dramatically toned down his rhetoric following a 38-0 defeat to the Jets.

 

"I don't think we could've beat an Oakland high school team," USA Today quotes Seymour saying after the loss to the Jets.

 

Seymour noted that "Playing from behind isn't our strong suit," which leaves open the question of what is the Raiders' strong suit. Whatever it is, the Raiders didn't show it off on Sunday, when Seymour's statement that they couldn't beat a high school team didn't look like that big of an exaggeration.

I know, I know, I know.....this is a Pro Sports article, so it should have been posted in the Pro Sports Section.....please allow me some time.

 

I know that Richard Seymour's comments were meant only to be applied to the Raiders recent smashing at the hands of the NY Jets....but it got me to thinking.

 

I've listed the six teams that BGP has ranked as the number one team in the state for their respective classes. Please vote on which team YOU think would have the best chance of beating my Oakland Raiders.

 

Heck, if you want, you can even rank them in your post. One being the team that has the greatest chance and six being the team that couldn't beat them.....or however you want.

 

Later.

Last week he said they could make the playoffs. This week they can't beat a high school team? Which is it Richard?

And I think we should have an option for "none of the above" because no high school team would be able to survive a 5 minute quarter with any pro football team. :lol:

I said St. X strictly because of numbers (I assumed St. X has the most players), I think the best plan would be start the freshman and hope that Oakland would sprain their ankles tripping on the body’s scattered all over the field, then St. X could put their starters in and maybe have a chance if no more than 6 Raiders were left standing on good ankles...:lol:

  • Author
And I think we should have an option for "none of the above" because no high school team would be able to survive a 5 minute quarter with any pro football team. :lol:

True.....I was just really amused with the statement, so I couldn't help myself.

 

Later.

Bill, I voted HHS, but wish none of the above was an option.

 

I think the Florida Gators would probably get the job done!! Maybe the Raiders should hope for a BCS bowl invitation.

And I think we should have an option for "none of the above" because no high school team would be able to survive a 5 minute quarter with any pro football team. :lol:

 

The situation is Oakland is sad, and you have to wonder why. I follow Oakland because Michael Bush is there. But with keeping the topic on high school sports, the posed question about which high school team could give Oakland a game is, of course, ludicrous.

 

It might a good time, though, to mention the difference between high school players’ size and speed compared to the pros. Jermiah Neal is listed as 5’ 10” and 185# as a running back for X. McFadden is listed as 6’ 2” and 210# and ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. Michael Bush is 6’1” and 245#. What high school linebacker would like to tackle Mr. Bush? It can be hard with even trying to project a good high school player playing college football because of size and speed differences at the next level.

  • Author

Okay, okay, okay.....the results of the poll are NOT going to make the matchup actually happen....it's purely 'comical'. Goodness.

 

Later.

The situation is Oakland is sad, and you have to wonder why. I follow Oakland because Michael Bush is there. But with keeping the topic on high school sports, the posed question about which high school team could give Oakland a game is, of course, ludicrous.

 

It might a good time, though, to mention the difference between high school players’ size and speed compared to the pros. Jermiah Neal is listed as 5’ 10” and 185# as a running back for X. McFadden is listed as 6’ 2” and 210# and ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. Michael Bush is 6’1” and 245#. What high school linebacker would like to tackle Mr. Bush? It can be hard with even trying to project a good high school player playing college football because of size and speed differences at the next level.

Alot of linebackers didn't want to tackle him when he was in high school either, surely not now!

Alot of linebackers didn't want to tackle him when he was in high school either, surely not now!

 

 

OR college. :lol:

Bill, I voted HHS, but wish none of the above was an option.

 

I think the Florida Gators would probably get the job done!! Maybe the Raiders should hope for a BCS bowl invitation.

 

With all do respect, There is no college team that could be a NFL team. You are taking a team that has at the most 10 kids that are NFL potential from the gators. The Raiders are all Professionals.

Question. Which is the tougher transition, high school to D1, or D1 to the NFL? Or do we need/want a separate thread?

Answer: For an elite player, transition from HS to D1 is not that difficult. Taking it to the next level (NFL) is going to be difficult for any prospect, no matter how great they are at even the top tier D1 programs.

I voted Boyle County because you can't run on us, Russell is awful and we'd pick off at least 2 passes and because I am a homer. They can't stop Rees Macshara.:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.