Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern/ Rockcastle County Predictions

Who wins 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

    • Southwestern
      38%
      12
    • Rockcastle
      61%
      19

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Rockcastle is averaging about 13 attempts per game passing... Southwestern is averaging about 11.5 attempts per game... Does Rock run it up the middle every time oldballcoach???

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart says SW wins,but my head says RC wins.Heart wins out,SW wins.

Good luck guys,have a great game.:thumb:

I think Rock will have a hard time with Southwestern. Their line is one of the best I have seen and they have hard-nosed running backs. Rock couldn't put the Pulaski game away with a 2 touchdown lead and the ball with 8 minutes to go. Questionable calls but I thought Pulaski exposed Rocks D as very weak on the corners and open field tackling.Speaking of Pulaski, no way Somerset gives them a close game that night if Muse and Abner didn't play. It looked to me like they were getting ready to put a thumping on the Jumpers.

But, Pulaski Co. might be the best in Rockastle Co. :D :clap:
:notworthy::ylsuper::dancingpa

Gonna be the quickest game ever cause that clock won't stop the whole game. SW will win in a close one 21-14. I doubt these teams put up that much.

Dont know much about the Rock this year,but they always seems to get better as the year goes along. Look for them to take care of business and win 28-12

Rockcastle 27 Pulaski SW 19 Gonna be a cold wet night on a greasy field...missed extra points. Rockcastle needs to keep their fire and concentration level up to get this score. Play a full game with few mental lapses and Rockcastle wins. Take a quarter or worse, a half off............... Fire it up and play to your potential Rockcastle and you'll be okay!

Speaking of Pulaski, no way Somerset gives them a close game that night if Muse and Abner didn't play. It looked to me like they were getting ready to put a thumping on the Jumpers.

:rolleyes::bunny:

Rock will beat SW Pulaski. I am sure rthey are deflated after losing a game they probably should have won against PC. Mentally Rock is playing for more Friday than SW is. A Winning Season. As for PC, when you accomplish half of what Rockcastle has done since 2000 or even in the 1990s then you may get some respect. Til then dont act like you have been there before becasue you havent. Rock 28 SW 13

Yes, PC did throw the ball, but if I remember correctly, I believe Alex Abner ran up and down the field on that "prideful defense"! That was just 1 running back. How will that great defense stop Mote, Floyd, AND Fowler? Now, I'm not sure SW can stop Rowe. That kid is a beast! It will be a great game. I'll go with SW 21-20 in a thriller.

 

PC's Abner vs Rock: 16 carries, 99 yards, 2 TDs (6.18 ypc, ... actually Eastham had a better ypc avg in that game than Abner and Abner is a very good RB)

Rock's Rowe vs PC: 34 carries, 329 yards, 4 TDs (9.67 ypc)

 

SW will have trouble stopping Rowe. But I seem to recall you stating that SWP could stop anybody's running game. Rowe could give SWP fits, as he did PC. Rock will need to stop both Abner and Eastham who is really coming into his own. This should be a great game, but I will take Rock in a close one.

 

Rock 30

SWP 27

I think Rock will have a hard time with Southwestern. Their line is one of the best I have seen and they have hard-nosed running backs. Rock couldn't put the Pulaski game away with a 2 touchdown lead and the ball with 8 minutes to go. Questionable calls but I thought Pulaski exposed Rocks D as very weak on the corners and open field tackling.Speaking of Pulaski, no way Somerset gives them a close game that night if Muse and Abner didn't play. It looked to me like they were getting ready to put a thumping on the Jumpers.

 

Didn't Somerset win that game? :confused:

Didn't Somerset win that game? :confused:

 

Yes Somerset won vs. Pulaski. A small 3A school beating a big 5A school. Plus PC should beat a small 4A school in Rock. More kids = more talent to pick from. Heck 3 high schools in Pulaski and 1 in Rockcastle. Liek I said, give Rock PC's talent and they win the dist. every year.:banana:

In my opinion Muse and Abner at PC were 2 of the best players in the county. Take them both off the field and their are several teams who could have beat Pulaski that night. I think Somerset has and excellent teams but if PC had started the season with Muse as a flanker/receiver and Abner at quarterback with all the other talent they are blessed with on offense they would have been tremendous. We will never know but I believe even with a mediocre defense they would have advanced well into playoffs.

As for my beloved Rockets. I have seen them go from a state power to a team with low numbers and minimal depth. We use to dress in the 55-60 range and now its 40-45. Players who used to be good jv players are now having to play varsity. We have losing records from our 7th, 8th grade, freshmen, JV and varsity football teams. I have been close to the program and attended every game for 20 years and these are the facts, not my opinion.

Anyone who wants to know what happened to Rock football need only look at the size of a home crowd and the number of players dressed. Unless the administration and the town get behind it once again I fear it will never return to what it was. For the record, our problems started surfacing in our youth programs 5-6 years ago when we were still winning regional championships.

I have recently noticed Bells numbers down some too, will be interesting to see what happens there in 4-5 years.

In my opinion Muse and Abner at PC were 2 of the best players in the county. Take them both off the field and their are several teams who could have beat Pulaski that night. I think Somerset has and excellent teams but if PC had started the season with Muse as a flanker/receiver and Abner at quarterback with all the other talent they are blessed with on offense they would have been tremendous. We will never know but I believe even with a mediocre defense they would have advanced well into playoffs.

As for my beloved Rockets. I have seen them go from a state power to a team with low numbers and minimal depth. We use to dress in the 55-60 range and now its 40-45. Players who used to be good jv players are now having to play varsity. We have losing records from our 7th, 8th grade, freshmen, JV and varsity football teams. I have been close to the program and attended every game for 20 years and these are the facts, not my opinion.

Anyone who wants to know what happened to Rock football need only look at the size of a home crowd and the number of players dressed. Unless the administration and the town get behind it once again I fear it will never return to what it was. For the record, our problems started surfacing in our youth programs 5-6 years ago when we were still winning regional championships.

I have recently noticed Bells numbers down some too, will be interesting to see what happens there in 4-5 years.

 

I appreciate your comments about Pulaski Co. Actually, the week after the Somerset game, Muse was going to the backfield with Abner and Eastham was being installed as the QB, as he is now. Chris gets hurt and adjustments had to be made. Good luck to you and your Rockets the rest of the way.

Why the sudden drop off at Rock then? Doesnt most team go through this. IMO the change of athmosphere is not right. Players do not enjoy football as much there anymore. At least this is what I have been told by several from last years team and a few from this years team.

Why would PC wait to install Muse at Rb in the 3rd game rather than first of the year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.