NKY Freshmen Playoff, Who & Where?

oldjarhead

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Cooper will play Holy Cross because Holmes, Scott and Newport used Sophomores this season so they are not allowed to play in the freshman tourney but were allowed to compete in regular season. I'm not sure how accurate this is but that is what I heard. It has been reported on here throughout the year that Holmes used soph's but I wasn't aware of Newport or Scott doing this but I'm not sure.

Why did some school use sophomores in some games and not in others. I can see if you don't have enough freshmen to field a team. But it sounds like some school played sophomores when they had enough freshmen. :confused:

Why did some school use sophomores in some games and not in others. I can see if you don't have enough freshmen to field a team. But it sounds like some school played sophomores when they had enough freshmen. :confused:

As far as I know it had to deal with numbers. I don't know Newports case I thought they were real low on numbers, Holmes was low, and Scott had eligiblity issues with the team from what I hear.

I'm pretty sure that the teams who used Sophomores needed them to field a team. Scott has some academic eligibility issues that required them have to use sophomores.

Anyone think SK has a chance to beat HHS? After the beating they were given by Highlands in the regular season, I can't see a circumstance where the Birds could play badly enough to lose this one.

Yep. If SK's coaches are smart enough to replace the fast back they lost with another fast back then it is very possible.

Anyone think SK has a chance to beat HHS? After the beating they were given by Highlands in the regular season, I can't see a circumstance where the Birds could play badly enough to lose this one.

You also have to remember that Highlands has 2 starters ineligible due to the fiasco at Dixie last week.