Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obesity Tax

Featured Replies

So, we should just allow everything and never make a judgement as a society on what is right for society and what is wrong. That would be equal lunacy.

 

AND it seems that the liberal Democrats are going to get their way and you and I are going to pay for Health Care for everyone. So, if I am paying THEIR WAY, than there should be conditions on what they do and they don't get a free ride to do whatever and raise the costs that they are not going to participate in paying but is going to be on our shoulders to pay their way.

 

Just what Obama and his big government buddies want, Americans wanting the government to control all individual actions. Can we all say 'totalitarian'?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to lie here. I despise Obama and his ideas. I like the obesity tax though. I believe it's crazily unconstitutional but I like it. I'm fat. I could use a monetary reason to be not as fat.

I'm not going to lie here. I despise Obama and his ideas. I like the obesity tax though. I believe it's crazily unconstitutional but I like it. I'm fat. I could use a monetary reason to be not as fat.

 

Instead of taxes, why not just round up all "fat' people and put them in camps enclosed with barbed-wire and armed guards and work you into shape?

Leave the rest of us alone. Oh, that right they come for the 'fat" people, the just barely overweight and slender people allow it to happen, the they come for the barely overweight and then the slender people.

 

LBBC, obese people have additional health problems, but they will have other issues when it is their time to go and that same money will still be spent.

Instead of taxes, why not just round up all "fat' people and put them in camps enclosed with barbed-wire and armed guards and work you into shape?

 

 

I'm all for it. I've tried everything else. :D

Instead of taxes, why not just round up all "fat' people and put them in camps enclosed with barbed-wire and armed guards and work you into shape?

Leave the rest of us alone. Oh, that right they come for the 'fat" people, the just barely overweight and slender people allow it to happen, the they come for the barely overweight and then the slender people.

 

LBBC, obese people have additional health problems, but they will have other issues when it is their time to go and that same money will still be spent.

 

I was semi joking. I could stand to lose a few pounds. People over indulging in everything is why we have a ton if issues in this country. I hate additional taxes, but I would be fine w/ high taxes on processed fatty foods and soft drinks. I think they should be taxed higher than whole foods and fresh food. If you as a person are going to slowly kill yourself you should be on the hook for the bill.

I think fast food and other unhealthy choices deserve a higher tax.

 

No tax on foods that are healthy but a food is blatantly unhealthy, doughnuts, potato chips, non-diet soft drinks, etc, etc, and leave them as a choice but there is a financial cost to purchase these items and we could use any additional funds to offset the costs of choosing those items.

 

What about Grilled Chicken sandwiches? Fruit cups? I am citing the things I can get at a "Chick-fil-a" and still stay on my diet. :D

  • Author

I guess my main problem with all these "targeted tax" ideas coming out of congress these days is that they are now using the tax code as a means of punishing personal behavior instead of what the tax code was originally intended to do which is to provide for a fair and equitable method of funding government operations. Hearsay's earlier post is probably more of a prognostication than a sarcastic joke.:D

Another example of the government over stepping their bounds. This money should be gained in increased insurance premiums instead of taxing food. If your overweight then you should pay more for insurance. Same for smokers.

What about Grilled Chicken sandwiches? Fruit cups? I am citing the things I can get at a "Chick-fil-a" and still stay on my diet. :D

 

First instinct neither of those are unhealthy choices and should not be taxed.

Another example of the government over stepping their bounds. This money should be gained in increased insurance premiums instead of taxing food. If your overweight then you should pay more for insurance. Same for smokers.

 

And for those that your taxpayer dollars are going to be paying for because they don't have insurance of their own?

Instead of taxes, why not just round up all "fat' people and put them in camps enclosed with barbed-wire and armed guards and work you into shape?

Leave the rest of us alone. Oh, that right they come for the 'fat" people, the just barely overweight and slender people allow it to happen, the they come for the barely overweight and then the slender people.

 

LBBC, obese people have additional health problems, but they will have other issues when it is their time to go and that same money will still be spent.

 

Well that is just ridiculous and something like Olbermann or Beck would say to be ridiculous instead of actually discussing the point.

 

If you participate in unhealthy lifestyles that will cost the government money and meaning more taxes on me, you should have a higher cost on those unhealthy lifestyle choices.

 

That is about personal responsibility. You choose that unhealthy lifestyle AND YOU should have to burden that cost.

I guess my main problem with all these "targeted tax" ideas coming out of congress these days is that they are now using the tax code as a means of punishing personal behavior instead of what the tax code was originally intended to do which is to provide for a fair and equitable method of funding government operations. Hearsay's earlier post is probably more of a prognostication than a sarcastic joke.:D

 

I don't see it that way at all.

 

I see it as targeted the actions that are part of the problem in the rising costs and burden on government which then becomes a burden on the taxpayers.

 

I shouldn't have my taxes go up to pay for the health care costs of someone that thinks a 4 course meal is sugar, sugar, sugar and sugar.

And for those that your taxpayer dollars are going to be paying for because they don't have insurance of their own?

 

I don't see it that way at all.

 

I see it as targeted the actions that are part of the problem in the rising costs and burden on government which then becomes a burden on the taxpayers.

 

I shouldn't have my taxes go up to pay for the health care costs of someone that thinks a 4 course meal is sugar, sugar, sugar and sugar.

Your tax dollars shouldn't be paying one dime of some else's insurance premiums to start with. And I am not convinced it will at this point. So what is the point in discussing something that isn't happening and doesn't look like is going to happen in the immediate future?

 

So again, the answer isn't to tax something to death. The answer is to make people be responsible for theirselves. If they can't quit downing 8000 calories a day then so be it. They won't be able to afford their twinkies because they will need the money for premiums.

Your tax dollars shouldn't be paying one dime of some else's insurance premiums to start with. And I am not convinced it will at this point. So what is the point in discussing something that isn't happening and doesn't look like is going to happen in the immediate future?

 

So again, the answer isn't to tax something to death. The answer is to make people be responsible for theirselves. If they can't quit downing 8000 calories a day then so be it. They won't be able to afford their twinkies because they will need the money for premiums.

 

I have a family member that does just what you say and is on disability and you and I are supporting their habit through our tax dollars.

 

They said they had a glandular problem. I guess the glandular problem is their body cannot compensate for the whole pies they down at one setting.

 

And I am tired of paying for them to stay home and play Internet card games all night and day since they are disabled from their job that was having them work on the computer all day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.