Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obesity Tax

Featured Replies

As far as I know you can. WIC is the only program with nutrition restrictions that I know of.

 

If this is true, it should be changed as you mentioned above.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, you can.

 

You can buy any food except alcohol, pet food, or heated foods. You can also buy seeds and plants to grow food, as long as you are buying them from a store that accepts SNAP/food stamps (like a grocery store).

You cannot use your EBT card to buy soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, tobacco, or anything else that is not food.

As far as I know you can. WIC is the only program with nutrition restrictions that I know of.

 

Many..many...many years ago there were restrictions as to what you were allowed to purchase with food stamps. You are correct in saying WIC is the only program that is providing food subsidies with nutritional restrictions. The new "food stamp" is an EBT card. It gets swiped like a debit card. I know many of these mom and pop stores that in addition to selling convenient store items also sell prepared food. They advertise the acceptance of these cards for prepared food. One is right down the street from the school I teach in. Kids will take their family EBT card and purchase hoagies, fries, hamburgers, etc..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.