October 14, 200916 yr I'm sorry to see him go like this but it's the right move. He was money for many years so I hope he works out his problem and catches on somewhere.
October 14, 200916 yr This may sound mean but I don't feel bad for him at all. Any job that you have anywhere you must to do it correctly or you will be replaced by someone that will do it correctly. If you're doing your job poorly, you get fired - that's just the way life is. Just so happens he was doing poorly in front of the entire nation. :isurrender:
October 14, 200916 yr Now let's just hope there aren't any bad snaps on Sunday because this site will be exploding like never before!
October 14, 200916 yr So in other words, they told him to take a hike. Who takes over for him? The Bengals signed free agent LS/TE Clark Harris of Rutgers, who is classified as a first-year NFL player. Harris (6-5, 257) played in the last four games of 2008 for the Houston Texans, after spending most of '08 season on the Texans' practice squad. He was with the Texans in the 2009 preseason, was waived on Sept. 5, and was re-signed to the Texans practice squad on Sept. 30. He was released from the Texans practice squad last week (on Oct. 6). He first entered the NFL in 2007, as a seventh-round draft choice of Green Bay, and he spent time in ?07 on the Green Bay and Detroit practice squads.
October 14, 200916 yr The Bengals signed free agent LS/TE Clark Harris of Rutgers, who is classified as a first-year NFL player. Harris (6-5, 257) played in the last four games of 2008 for the Houston Texans, after spending most of '08 season on the Texans' practice squad. He was with the Texans in the 2009 preseason, was waived on Sept. 5, and was re-signed to the Texans practice squad on Sept. 30. He was released from the Texans practice squad last week (on Oct. 6). He first entered the NFL in 2007, as a seventh-round draft choice of Green Bay, and he spent time in ?07 on the Green Bay and Detroit practice squads. I would rather not know his name or anything about him... like most long snappers in the league :lol:
October 14, 200916 yr I would rather not know his name or anything about him... like most long snappers in the league :lol: :clap: :thumb:
October 14, 200916 yr I would rather not know his name or anything about him... like most long snappers in the league :lol: If he can catch a ball at the TE position you might want to rethink your statement. Butter hands Coats better straighten up.:eek:
October 15, 200916 yr St. Louis earned $780,000 per year I heard and was there for 10 yrs so I would assume the guy has invested his money wisely and could probably pursue other interest at this point. Who wouldnt want to basically snap footballs for 3/4 a million dollars a year? He milked it as long as he could and now its in his head.
October 15, 200916 yr St. Louis earned $780,000 per year I heard and was there for 10 yrs so I would assume the guy has invested his money wisely and could probably pursue other interest at this point. Who wouldnt want to basically snap footballs for 3/4 a million dollars a year? He milked it as long as he could and now its in his head. Screw college I'm going to start snapping footballs!
October 15, 200916 yr Screw college I'm going to start snapping footballs! Honestly, I think about this all of the time. What a job, you snap the ball 10 times a game, and if your good you can stay in the league for a long time. On a side note, I watched a piece about Philly's long snapper, the guy is phenomenal. They had him on city streets snapping the ball into paper vending machines, a Fed Ex box, a street sign, a garbage truck, then one of the most unreal things he did was snap the ball into a regular old mailbox and he nailed it. Quite impressive.
October 15, 200916 yr Honestly, I think about this all of the time. What a job, you snap the ball 10 times a game, and if your good you can stay in the league for a long time. On a side note, I watched a piece about Philly's long snapper, the guy is phenomenal. They had him on city streets snapping the ball into paper vending machines, a Fed Ex box, a street sign, a garbage truck, then one of the most unreal things he did was snap the ball into a regular old mailbox and he nailed it. Quite impressive. I bet St. Louis could do it if nothing was on the line and no one was watching.
October 15, 200916 yr I bet St. Louis could do it if nothing was on the line and no one was watching. He could probably do the long snap anytime, short snap is a different matter.
October 15, 200916 yr St. Louis earned $780,000 per year I heard and was there for 10 yrs so I would assume the guy has invested his money wisely and could probably pursue other interest at this point. Who wouldnt want to basically snap footballs for 3/4 a million dollars a year? He milked it as long as he could and now its in his head. My guess is he made over 4 million dollars during his 10 years. Even after taxes he should have had over half of it to spend/invest.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.