Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Football after 8 weeks - Take II

Who would get your vote for Mr. Football today? 216 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would get your vote for Mr. Football today?

    • Miles Simpson
      40%
    • Antonio Andrews
      9%
    • Austin Collinsworth
      17%
    • Dominique Hayden
      6%
    • Rees MacShara
      17%
    • Tevin McCaden
      1%
    • Brian Buehner
      0%
    • Thomas Varney
      1%
    • Ricky Buckler
      4%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

OK, gang. Take #2; this time "with feeling".

 

 

 

 

P.S. Everybody play nice. Let's try NOT to get this one shut down, OK?

  • Replies 91
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are Bryan Station's Tevin McCaden's stats through 7 games:

 

1. 14 234 4-tds rushing 1-td KOR

2. 36 263 4-tds rushing

3. 24 224 5-tds rushing

4. 31 167 1-td rushing

5. 30 293 2-tds rushing

6. 34 234 1-td rushing

7. 23 254 3-tds rushing

 

192 1,669 21 total touchdowns

 

Avg: 27 238 8.69 ypc

I will state this again:

 

I think the Barnes kid from Bourbon County is the state's leading rusher, and actually averages more yards per carry than McCaden.

 

Before you talk about the talent he plays against, stop and think about the talent he is playing with as well. I've seen him play a couple of times this season and he is one of the toughest runningbacks I've seen play in a while, 5'8 in cleats, and maybe 160 pounds soaking wet with a rock in his pocket, but he is never tackled by one man. I know the colonels probably arent good enough to get him any recognition, but I think this kid should be talked about.

 

These are all great players, but I would think that if you are leading the state in rushing, and averaging almost 9 yards per carry (max preps). Then you deserve some recognition.....

I guess what I'm trying to say I think it is only fair to write Barnes kid ( I think his first name is Tee) in the poll based on talent and stats....

I will state this again:

 

I think the Barnes kid from Bourbon County is the state's leading rusher, and actually averages more yards per carry than McCaden.

 

Before you talk about the talent he plays against, stop and think about the talent he is playing with as well. I've seen him play a couple of times this season and he is one of the toughest runningbacks I've seen play in a while, 5'8 in cleats, and maybe 160 pounds soaking wet with a rock in his pocket, but he is never tackled by one man. I know the colonels probably arent good enough to get him any recognition, but I think this kid should be talked about.

 

These are all great players, but I would think that if you are leading the state in rushing, and averaging almost 9 yards per carry (max preps). Then you deserve some recognition.....

 

Taylor Barnes deserves a serious consideration...I will agree whole heartedly but we might want to consider a better way to phrase this. Without a line that opens holes for Tee to run through he might average 2 yards a carry at best. Once in the secondary it is all him and I am not arguing with you about that. Tee is an outstanding young man on and off the field. Should be considered!!!!!

My pick is still with Miles. Andrews is making one heck of a case for himself though!

I have not seen Andrews, but his stats sure are good, and before someone says it, It's hard to put those up against anyone.

 

And Hayden is impressive not just for his rushing and receiving, but you have to remember he is a pretty good LB as well. Great all around player.

I thought McCaden from Bryan Station was only a junior this year? Only seniors are eligible for Mr. Football. :confused:

I will state this again:

 

I think the Barnes kid from Bourbon County is the state's leading rusher, and actually averages more yards per carry than McCaden.

 

Before you talk about the talent he plays against, stop and think about the talent he is playing with as well. I've seen him play a couple of times this season and he is one of the toughest runningbacks I've seen play in a while, 5'8 in cleats, and maybe 160 pounds soaking wet with a rock in his pocket, but he is never tackled by one man. I know the colonels probably arent good enough to get him any recognition, but I think this kid should be talked about.

 

These are all great players, but I would think that if you are leading the state in rushing, and averaging almost 9 yards per carry (max preps). Then you deserve some recognition.....

 

If this is the criteria, throw Ricky Buckler from Bellevue in the mix too.

Caleb Watkins of Corbin.

Rushing: 96 carries, 1,117 yards, 11.6 ypc, 16 TD's.

Defense: 21 solo tackles ,35 assisted tackles, 1 Int.

 

He should definitly be considered.

I would like to see the actual criteria for choosing Mr. Football. If we look at past history, it is pretty clear that it isn't just based on this season's high school stats. Almost every winner has been a D1 recruit and the more sought after the recruit, the better chances he has of winning. If that is true, a few of the names being mentioned are very unlikely to win Mr. Football. I am not saying whether this is fair or unfair as I don't know the actual criteria. But those are the facts.

I would like to see the actual criteria for choosing Mr. Football. If we look at past history, it is pretty clear that it isn't just based on this season's high school stats. Almost every winner has been a D1 recruit and the more sought after the recruit, the better chances he has of winning. If that is true, a few of the names being mentioned are very unlikely to win Mr. Football. I am not saying whether this is fair or unfair as I don't know the actual criteria. But those are the facts.

 

 

If this is the criteria, with Weaver out I would have to say that Channing Fugate, or Miles Simpson are the only 2 we can consider. Fugate has had a down year with his team, and Simpson has been hurt for 3-4 games, so I would have to think that would take those two out of the hunt?????

No way Miles Simpson is out of the hunt.

If this is the criteria, with Weaver out I would have to say that Channing Fugate, or Miles Simpson are the only 2 we can consider. Fugate has had a down year with his team, and Simpson has been hurt for 3-4 games, so I would have to think that would take those two out of the hunt?????

 

I think Collinsworth is definitely going to a D1 school. I think Hayden will likely end up D1 but perhaps a mid size D1. Both of those players have received plenty of publicity and that helps also. Simpson's stats clearly have him in the middle of the hunt and the fact that he has compiled that stats while being injured for 3-4 games only enhance his chances.

I thought McCaden from Bryan Station was only a junior this year? Only seniors are eligible for Mr. Football. :confused:

 

Tevin McCaden is a senior and I can assure you he is a Division 1 recruit.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.