Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Oldham vs. Henry County

Who wins? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • North Oldham Mustangs
      54%
    • Henry County Wildcats
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Last year, both teams were ranked (North #10, Henry #9) coming into this game (both were 4-0). This year, both are 4-2 and unranked, but on the fringes...

 

And both are good teams this year. I just don't think either is as good as they were last year. I expect it to be a good game.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've added perhaps two "beefed up" games. The Anderson Co game will help them, but let's not act like they've completely outdone themselves on scheduling. Their first four games (including against my own team) were easy wins.

 

Also, just because a team has many of the same kids back, doesn't mean that they are necessarily BETTER than the year before. Admittedly, I've seen Henry Co play one game each year (against my team), but hands down last year's team played MUCH better in those games.

 

That being said, I also felt like last year's NO team was better.

 

I think the difference you saw in this year's game was due more to your improvement than our decline.

I think the difference you saw in this year's game was due more to your improvement than our decline.

 

I'd like to say yes, but we played pretty poorly that game. Last year's HC defense was stifling.

I'd like to say yes, but we played pretty poorly that game. Last year's HC defense was stifling.

 

You guy's scored once on defense and once on great field position from a muffed punt, so I don't think the defense is all that bad.

You guy's scored once on defense and once on great field position from a muffed punt, so I don't think the defense is all that bad.

 

I don't have the stats in front of me at the moment. I do know that we had more rushing yards this year than last year. It's not only about TDs. That's why I said that HC's defense last year was better.

Look guys, I was at the Trimble game, HC played a ton of Sophomores this year rotated jv kids the whole game, had varsity kids puking at half time due to flu, compare apples to oranges all you want.

Just my opinion, nothing more. Sorry to have offended you.

 

I also apologize for getting us off topic. This is about the HC-NO game.

Agree. After watching film of HC's last game bad tackling was not as big of a factor as I origanally thought it was ,can't put my finger on it but looking foward to big improvement this week at NO.

H.C. 21 N.O. 7

  • Author

Maybe the first tally we should put together before the score is tallied is the number of sick and injured... seems to be a growing problem across the state... :puke:

Maybe the first tally we should put together before the score is tallied is the number of sick and injured... seems to be a growing problem across the state... :puke:

 

I think HC's ok in the sick department, they have been on foll break this week and away from the student population. A lot of guy's are hurting a little but thats normal for the middle of the season.

  • Author
I think HC's ok in the sick department, they have been on foll break this week and away from the student population. A lot of guy's are hurting a little but thats normal for the middle of the season.

 

Not sure about North, but that could be a HUGE advantage for HC if North is like many other schools...

Will the field conditions tonight be an advantage for either team?

  • Author

Normally, I would say it would favor North, because they return the bulk of their big, strong O line from last year's 10-2 team, and due to their wealth of runners...Henry depends a bit more on the passing of Magness...but I just don't know. We'll see.

HC's O-line has 3 starter returning from a year ago I think. They are big and physical up front and got under center a bunch at Owensboro cath. They don't do a lot side to side, but rather like to pound it inside. Rain might benefit HC, they can still throw when they want in the rain, afterall, they practice in it too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.