Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Oldham vs. Henry County

Who wins? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • North Oldham Mustangs
      54%
    • Henry County Wildcats
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
HC's O-line has 3 starter returning from a year ago I think. They are big and physical up front and got under center a bunch at Owensboro cath. They don't do a lot side to side, but rather like to pound it inside. Rain might benefit HC, they can still throw when they want in the rain, afterall, they practice in it too.

 

Since I don't know of many KY high schools with an indoor practice facility, I'd wager that the majority of KY teams practice their passing in the rain when it rains...but it doesn't change the fact that nobody passes as well in the rain as they do in dry conditions... :lol:

 

Basically, North returns the entire offensive line, including two all-district performers and a candidate for all-state. A couple, however, were not full-time starters in '08.

 

I'm not sure the rain really helps either, but I think it does slow down HC's passing attack a little.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you ' OL # 70 ? What does the smart pill machine say about this game ?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I would tend to think a running team would fair somewhat better than a passing team, however I don't necessarily think that bad weather like tonight really favors anyone I think everyone will have their problems.

  • Author
I would tend to think a running team would fair somewhat better than a passing team, however I don't necessarily think that bad weather like tonight really favors anyone I think everyone will have their problems.

 

It's interesting in that North is primarily a running team - one of the top 5 in KY in 3A. But Henry is in the top 5 in run DEFENSE in Class 3A.

 

North runs nearly 80-85% of the time...but they also like to run out of the Delaware Wing-T, which means quickness to the edge and sometimes sharp cuts are needed...whereas Henry, which throws a lot more than North, likes to run between the tackles.

I can see where running the wing T could create some problems on a night like tonight, but it also creates some problems for the passing game as well, and I don't care how much you practice passing the ball in the rain. In practice you don't have 5 or 6 other guys trying to KILL you. :isurrender:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.