Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan County/North Laurel Predictions

Who wins father or son? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins father or son?

    • Harlan County(Father)
      60%
      30
    • North Laurel(Son)
      40%
      20

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is a battle of father and son in a big district showdown. Who wins and why?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one thing for sure Tom had rather do anything other than beat his son.That being said Tom will coach his heart out, but I will give the nod to Chris.

  • Author

I give the nod to ole dad. He has the experience to get it done. '

 

HC 28

NL 14

I give the nod to son. He has more talent.

I'm going with Dad, I'm sure he still has a few tricks up his sleeve, but I'm guessing it will be a low scoring game since they know each other inside and out!

 

Harlan County 18

North Laurel 14

 

Go Bears!!!

This game is going to be a lot of fun. I'm sure the boys on each team wants to win this one for their Coach Larkey. Both have made huge impacts at the school's they are at. I'm looking forward to Friday night!

I would not be surprised if this isn't one of the nicer exchanges between coaches before the game. Both Larkey's are class acts and they are very close. Heck, Poppa Larkey has 2 coaches at North Laurel, ... son's Chris and Dackery! As much as he loves his son, he definitely wants to win this very important district contest. He knows his son(s) better than anyone since he has coached them as well as coached with them. At the same time, son's #1 and #2 know dad pretty well also.

 

I think both play it very conservatively. I think that Harlan obviously matched up with LCC very well picking up the crucial win last week. I think that while Harlan has the advantage in the trenches, that North has the advantage in speed.

 

I will give a VERY slight edge to North Laurel BUT the location being in Harlan & the experience advantage that the elder Larkey has should even that out.

 

Too close to call, ... but I will be a homer in this one and pick the Jaguars over the Bears in a VERY VERY VERY tight contest.

 

North Laurel 20 Harlan County 19

 

One thing is for certain, ... if one of these teams were to happen to get out to a big lead, there will be no potential for running up the score on the part of the coaches.

The article on NL's loss to PCC and comments from Chris Larkey is why I believe that North will squeak this one out. His team responded really well to their first loss and I think they will do the same this week.

 

http://www.sentinel-echo.com/sports/local_story_278100257.html?keyword=topstory

 

 

Although North Laurel proved possession after possession they could move the ball, all they managed on the scoreboard were a pair of touchdowns. One came in the second quarter after giving up all 20 of Perry County Central’s points. The other came late in the fourth quarter before the Commodores recovered on onside kick and ran out the clock.

 

“We just couldn’t finish. They played good defense and they stuffed us a lot of times,” Larkey said. “Missed assignments is what it is and that’s my fault. I’ll take total blame for that. That’s why I’m going to fix the problem this week.”

 

Anytime a coach is willing to take the total blame for a loss like this, the kids often respond not wanting to let that coach down.

The Bears "D" and new look "O" will be to much for North Laurel.

 

HC- 20

North Laurel- 12

The Bears "D" and new look "O" will be to much for North Laurel.

 

HC- 20

North Laurel- 12

 

You go Wideopen! :taz: You the man!

I predict a tought physical game with a ton of respect. Its on WYMT.

  • Author
I predict a tought physical game with a ton of respect. Its on WYMT.

 

It is not live is it?

This is going to be a very tough game physically and emotionally, goodluck to Mrs. Larkey, i'm sure this is extra tough on you.

 

Bears 22

Jags 14

It is not live is it?

 

It is the Game of the Week but not live on TV.

I see this game as a toss up. With rain in the forecast for Friday night and neither team with a lot of offensive firepower.....

 

Harlan County 7

North Laurel 6

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.