Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell/Mason County Predictions

Who wins? 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mason County is very good this season and has a real chance to represent the eastern side of the state in the Class 3A finals, but I don't think this will be the blowout many are expecting. These games have generally been pretty close between the schools. As for the comparison of each team's cumulative stats this season, keep in mind that most of Russell's negative stats came in a 2-week stretch against Ironton (OH) and Ashland. Those are a couple of exceptional teams.

 

You're certainly right about the rain every year. Last year's game was a real mud bath at Russell. Mason County won 20-7. The difference in the game? Russell gave up a fumble, threw an interception, was 2 of 15 passing, and punted 4 times for an average of 14 yards! Everything else appeared to be about even with Mason County gaining 191 yards to Russell's 187 and getting 9 first downs to Russell's 15. However, Mason County got the win because they played mistake-free football.

 

Russell is undoubtedly going to have to play turnover-free football Friday night to have a chance in this game. I think Russell's defense can hold down the fort enough to keep them in it, but they've got to keep drives alive, keep the ball away from Mason County, get solid special teams play, and have ZERO TURNOVERS! If they can manage to do these things right, then they have a chance at coming away with a win because they do have a lot of heart. I haven't seen a moment of quit in this team from the start of the year, so I don't expect it now.

 

Call it a "homer" pick, but I'll take Russell in a close one. If not, then this will at least be the best test Mason County has left on their schedule to prepare them for the playoffs.

 

Good points. Many seem to be considering the rain a positive for Russell but considering last year's game in a cold drizzle, it could favor Mason. It certainly didn't hurt them last year and they're the same type team this year with a bigger offensive line.

  • Author
Good points. Many seem to be considering the rain a positive for Russell but considering last year's game in a cold drizzle, it could favor Mason. It certainly didn't hurt them last year and they're the same type team this year with a bigger offensive line.

 

I was thinking the same thing.

 

Lots of folks may be basing their opinion/prediction based on Mason's play the last two times out. While I was a bit critical of the play at Harrison County, I have a feeling that Coach B and his staff were using the last two games to try to iron out a few wrinkles. I look for Mason to pretty much play to its strengths tomorrow.

I just think Mason has too much in the tank for Russell this year.

Good points. Many seem to be considering the rain a positive for Russell but considering last year's game in a cold drizzle, it could favor Mason. It certainly didn't hurt them last year and they're the same type team this year with a bigger offensive line.

 

I agree that the rain doesn't favor Russell or Mason County.

Looks to be sloppy conditions for tommorow night. May be closer now, with conditions.

I picked Mason Co., but I'm having doubts. They havn't defeated anyone as good as Russell yet.

I picked Mason Co., but I'm having doubts. They havn't defeated anyone as good as Russell yet.

 

But has Russell defeated anyone as good as Mason Co? :lol::p

Like said about Mason Co. went into Russel last year in awful conditions and game out with a win. In big games the team who avoids turnovers, dumb penalties, executes well, and wins on special teams will win the game. A big key for Mason Co. is to get the lead early in this game and that will take Russel away from their strength. If Russel has 15 or 20 pass attempts in this game then that is a very good sign for Mason Co. Coach B will have the boys ready to go tomorrow night! In my opinion this game will be within two touchdowns with Mason Co. winning 28 to 15.

I was thinking the same thing.

 

Lots of folks may be basing their opinion/prediction based on Mason's play the last two times out. While I was a bit critical of the play at Harrison County, I have a feeling that Coach B and his staff were using the last two games to try to iron out a few wrinkles. I look for Mason to pretty much play to its strengths tomorrow.

 

Agree. Heard from a player himself that during the Lewis game, the reason they weren't running and looked sloppy on offense was because coach wanted to work on their passing a little and straighten some things out for Russell. Coach knew they could win that game even with giving away some turnovers, so don't look for the Royals to come out like they did during those two games.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.