West Jessamine 35 Western Hills 0

I am nothing, but shocked. I expected this to be a great high school football game,but West Jessamine came out focused and put it to WHHS. West Jess has really turned it around and has answered all the doubters with a dominating win over a good Western Hills football team.

Was at the game cheering for Western Hills. West Jessamine is a good 4A football team. They are very well coached. Western Hills just got a wake up call before the district games start. No team in Western Hills district can compare to West Jessamine. No team in our district can compare to Western Hills. No district problems for the Wolverines.

West Jessamine played a complete game on offense and defense. Their lines are very big and physical. Western Hills seemed to focus on stopping Colt's FB (who did break one long run for TD), and QB killed them. Having a bye week before Hills game benefited Colts - put in many new formations and plays on both sides of the ball (scored 3 TDs on formations never shown). West Jessamine did take knee at one yardline after botched Western Hills' punt with 1:30 min left - classy move by Colt's coach. Was a harder fought game than score indicates.

Was at the game cheering for Western Hills. West Jessamine is a good 4A football team. They are very well coached. Western Hills just got a wake up call before the district games start. No team in Western Hills district can compare to West Jessamine. No team in our district can compare to Western Hills. No district problems for the Wolverines.

So no worries after a 35-0 whoopin? :confused: I guarantee you Coach Miller at Western Hills is very concerned. JMO

There is absolutely nothing fancy about West Jessamine. They don't appear all that talented; by that I mean they aren't the most athletic group you'll ever see. But they are really big and they run their offense to PERFECTION. They seemingly control the ball all night long and if you don't make the most of your possessions, you will lose.

I'm not sure what would ever happen if they fell behind (against say, Boyle or Catholic in the next couple weeks), but if you allow the Colts to stay in it, they will absolutely beat you every time. Nice team.:thumb:

Looking at the score, I would say their Defense is equally as tough as the O. Hard to believe that WH was shut out and held to one touchdown the past two weeks in Jessamine Co. WH will be fine, but I wouldn't put them at the tops of any district right now either. North and Spencer both finished ahead of the Wolverines last year and Spencer didn't graduate a soul. This district looks very level at the moment to me.