Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Puppy hunting

Featured Replies

We are on the hunt. We are looking for a small dog. The kids want a little puppy. I actually do too, even though I know what I am getting into lol. We have a 1 year old very friendly boxer. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a small dog but it looks like they aren't cheap. Any suggestions on breeds, sizes, or where we can find a puppy would be great.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give you one NOT to buy - a poodle. Ours is a couple on months old. She is cute, but yaps constantly and is not catching on at all to housebreaking. Had the carpets cleaned a few weeks back because we thought she was finally catching on and I think she left a spot before the cleaning guy pulled out of the driveway. :ohbrother:

A weiner dog(miniature or normal). I have 2, one mini and one normal size, and they're awesome. Aren't loud and are hilarious.

  • Author
I'll give you one NOT to buy - a poodle. Ours is a couple on months old. She is cute, but yaps constantly and is not catching on at all to housebreaking. Had the carpets cleaned a few weeks back because we thought she was finally catching on and I think she left a spot before the cleaning guy pulled out of the driveway. :ohbrother:

 

Good to know. Thanks.

  • Author
A weiner dog(miniature or normal). I have 2, one mini and one normal size, and they're awesome. Aren't loud and are hilarious.

 

How big are the Minis? I have heard they are hilarious, and that they are very cuddly.

How big are the Minis? I have heard they are hilarious, and that they are very cuddly.

 

The minis weigh about 7 pounds I would guess. In length about a foot ish long maybe barely bigger? They're quiet, fun to play with, and everyone that meets my dogs ends up loving them.

Me and my wife got a Min Pin they are pretty cool if you have time for them. My favorite is a German Shepherd, I know they are not small but they are smart enough to be a good inside dog.

I have a pug.

 

One of my best friends has one. It's one of the best dogs I've had contact with.

I have a miniature dachshund and I love him. He's been very hard to house break though...not sure if anyone else has that problem with their wiener dog.

 

He is VERY cuddly though. He loves nothing more than to climb on the couch and crawl under a cover and sleep :lol:.

I have a miniature dachshund and I love him. He's been very hard to house break though...not sure if anyone else has that problem with their wiener dog.

 

He is VERY cuddly though. He loves nothing more than to climb on the couch and crawl under a cover and sleep :lol:.

 

:thumb: Same with ours. They love burrowing under anything and curling up.

Please check out shelters and rescues. You might be suprised at what you will find.

Please check out shelters and rescues. You might be suprised at what you will find.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Exactly. I wouldn't take anything for my mutt!!!! He looks like a cross between a Holstein Cow and a Dust Mop, but the best dog ever!!! Most of the time.

We have a Yorkie that is fantastic from a great breeder in Cold Spring. I heard that some new puppies are due around Christmas.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.