BGP Class A rankings

westsider

It certainly looks like there is more parity among the top teams in Class A this year. I don't know that there is a whole lot of difference between #1 and #4, whoever it is in a given week.

What did everyone think of this week's rankings, with Lexington Christian in the top spot followed by Mayfield and Frankfort with Beechwood in fourth, as low as I can remember seeing them ranked in a few years?

I have to agree that until someone knocks off Beechwood in the playoffs then they are still the team to beat because of their tradition and excellence they have shown. With that said though I think that this year's playoffs could have some very interesting and close games that could go either way. I believe that right now you could put the top four in a hat and draw out a name and make a great point to reach Bowling Green...and don't count out some of the other teams in Class A such as Holy Cross and Crittenden County.

Either way should be a fun season...good luck to all and hope everyone stays healthy this season!!!

I dont agree with Frankfort being #3.

I know it was a scrimmage but after playing a half of football vs. LCA, with both teams starters playing, it was like 48-6 LCA.

I find it hard to believe that they are the 3rd best team in 1A if they are 42 points behind the #1 team in a half of footbal?

I would say those rankings are right on target after week one. Don't be surprised if Beechwood drops further. They have Highlands this week.

It was no shame for Beechwood to lose to a good 5A team. I don't think that was a good yardstick by which to guage their 1A ranking. And even if they get clobbered by Highlands: again, who DOESN'T get clobbered by the Bluebirds.

I have to agree that until someone knocks off Beechwood in the playoffs then they are still the team to beat because of their tradition and excellence they have shown.

It almost appears to me that these new rankings included some "stirring of the pot". While it's nice to be considered #1, that remains to be seen.

I dont agree with Frankfort being #3.

I know it was a scrimmage but after playing a half of football vs. LCA, with both teams starters playing, it was like 48-6 LCA.

I find it hard to believe that they are the 3rd best team in 1A if they are 42 points behind the #1 team in a half of footbal?

That's what I was thinking. Except the BGP rankings have them (Frankfort) at #2 this week. I know it was only a scrimmage, and at the end of the season the Panthers might be able to give them a good game, but at this point, if Frankfort is the 2nd best team, then LCA is heads and shoulders above the rest of the Class A competition.

Beechwood's ranking will probably suffer early season with the brutal schedule they have, but you gotta believe that they are as good as or better than Mayfield, Frankfort, and LCA.