The people of Wal-Mart

HT721

I don't ever remember a bank running a credit check on me when I've opened a checking account.

I'm pretty sure that they need to list a permanent address when filling out job applications, and it's usually a requirement to have a job to draw a paycheck. :p:lol:

I dont think banks run a credit check. Im pretty sure they do check a data base to make sure you dont owe any other banks money on overdrawn checking accounts or loans that have been sent to collections.

Edited by Agent

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think banks run a credit check. Im pretty sure they do check a data base to make sure you dont own any other banks money on overdrawn checking accounts or loans that have been sent to collections.

.....and if you have overdrawn checking accounts, then I'm sure that your previous bank will gladly cash your check. :D

When the company from which I recently retired went to mandatory direct deposit a few years back, there were several employees who were vehemently opposed. A couple didn't have checking accounts.

Several cashed their checks at the corner mom-and-pop variety store until the change.

I dont think banks run a credit check. Im pretty sure they do check a data base to make sure you dont owe any other banks money on overdrawn checking accounts or loans that have been sent to collections.

:thumb: Not loans just checking accounts that have been charged off. Meaning you never paid money you owed them.

• 3 months later...