Bell County/Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Im not in Johnson but my family is. There is nothing going on in Johnson. They will be fine. What has happened is their starting QB is struggling making the reads and the backs aren't holding on to the football. Again I say they will be fine. They will be without a few kids this week which will hamper them. However, by week 10 I think that they will be ready to make a run in the playoffs. I think that the biggest problem is not the schedule! Its the fact that they set the schedule up the way they did... I think that they would have faired better had they had a win or two to start the season to kinda iron out the wrinkles before the bigger games. Any way, they are a work in progress and will be fine. The thing that has killed them in both games that no one seems to want to touch on is that in the Boyle game, Boyle scored 6 times (I think it was 6) starting on the 35 headed into the end zone. Then last week against the Michigan team, they had around 500 yards of offense but fumbled numerous times.

Matney will get the turnovers ironed out and they will be a hard team to beat come playoffs...

The other thing that killed them was 45 rushing carries as a team for 105 yards rushing.:thumb:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing that killed them was 45 rushing carries as a team for 105 yards rushing.:thumb:

Yes I could see were that is problem also. :scared:

JC is a better team than what they have showed and will still be in for district Championship. I will go ahead an say they will win their district.

Thats is understood like I said I'm not trying to argue about the score they definitely got beat. However, its a heck of a lot harder to score when you have to go further then 35 yards. Also, the amount of rushing yards would have increased had they not turned the ball over time, after time, after time. Its quite simple, this should have been a closer game but Boyle was simply the better team. There is no dispute to that.

Thats is understood like I said I'm not trying to argue about the score they definitely got beat. However, its a heck of a lot harder to score when you have to go further then 35 yards. Also, the amount of rushing yards would have increased had they not turned the ball over time, after time, after time. Its quite simple, this should have been a closer game but Boyle was simply the better team. There is no dispute to that.

All of their turnovers came on 4th down when they couldn't get the punt off so don't believe the hype when they say we got the ball on the 35 because of turnovers. It was already 4th down for JC. Our rushing yards would have increased because we would have had a longer to field to drive down(which we would have done), but not theirs.

We'll find out Friday if their special teams is getting better.

For those of us on the outside of the program, can you elaborate?

From what several players, and others alike have told me over the last few days, RB Dominic Carton has been given his second chance, and has returned to Bell Co. and will be playing ball this season. The players voted him back onto the team, Can't wait to see him out there. Hopefully he makes good on his second chance:ylsuper:

You can't compare scores form last year's team, I hate to say it but last year's 15-0 in '08 is not the same as Bell's 1-1 team in '09. Boyle Co. it same to me is a lot better then last years 13-1 team and this year's Bell Co. has to many questions to know if they are better or worse. JC could have improved in the last few weeks to give the Bobcats a good game if not beat them.

As the Bobcats could have improved as well, like most teams do as the season goes on. Bell's gonna break out in this one 35-13:ylsuper:

From what several players, and others alike have told me over the last few days, RB Dominic Carton has been given his second chance, and has returned to Bell Co. and will be playing ball this season. The players voted him back onto the team, Can't wait to see him out there. Hopefully he makes good on his second chance:ylsuper:
Doesn't he have to have a certain amount of practice time In before he can play ,How does that work??

Also I wonder if Polly gives him his # back?

Thanks. :thumb:

Sounds like Bell figured they would need him to win the big games like JC, Whitley Co and on into the playoffs. I hope they don't give up their high player standards because they are affraid they can't win some of the big games without a certain player. I have seen teams do this and it usually hurts more than it helps. What ever the case, I wish this young man well. I also want to say I only mention this because I have a lot of respect for Coach Hilton and the Bell Co football program!

Sounds like Bell figured they would need him to win the big games like JC, Whitley Co and on into the playoffs. I hope they don't give up their high player standards because they are affraid they can't win some of the big games without a certain player. I have seen teams do this and it usually hurts more than it helps. What ever the case, I wish this young man well. I also want to say I only mention this because I have a lot of respect for Coach Hilton and the Bell Co football program!

From what I've been told all of the trouble he had been in has been taken care of and cleared up since he was dismissed from the team and he's been staying out of trouble.

From what I've been told all of the trouble he had been in has been taken care of and cleared up since he was dismissed from the team and he's been staying out of trouble.

Someone said on here earlier that he had transfered to Pineville. Was that true or did he now transfer from Pineville back to Bell? If that is the case I would say someone went and talked to him and we all know this young man is a stud running back and makes Bell a much more dominate team. But like I said, putting all of that aside I hope this young man keeps himself straight because he could have a bright future at the next level.