Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKYFL Season

Featured Replies

It's the 1st quarter.

 

I coach baseball with the same age group, so I know how each kid is different. At that age, you just want to make sure everyone plays, has fun, and learns some of the basic fundamentals. I just have a hard time trying to justify to Johny that his score didn't count, but Bobby's did. I guess I'm just not a fan of the starter bowl. You don't keep score all season, everyone plays at least a half, then all of a sudden, the last two games seem to mean everything (to the coaches). Like you said, most of those kids could care less if they won or lost. They were just out there having fun playing football.

 

nees i been coaching lions starter 6yrs. first quarter dead so we can get all the 5/6yrs

kids in the game, coaches made this rule 3yrs ago, after coaches would put 7yrs in the game to run up score and show poor sportsmanship. referees call the game the way all the head coaches discuss two weeks ago. i went to coach steve and ask to put the little guys back in, cause i want to see them play more, you are very lucky to have a great coach like steve who care about the kids, and show good sportsmanship

  • Replies 53
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

nees i been coaching lions starter 6yrs. first quarter dead so we can get all the 5/6yrs

kids in the game, coaches made this rule 3yrs ago, after coaches would put 7yrs in the game to run up score and show poor sportsmanship. referees call the game the way all the head coaches discuss two weeks ago. i went to coach steve and ask to put the little guys back in, cause i want to see them play more, you are very lucky to have a great coach like steve who care about the kids, and show good sportsmanship

 

That's sad that that rule had to be implemented, but I know how some people can be.

Apparently, I've ruffled some feathers with an above post. I expressed my views from that night, and some do not agree with them. I have since been told what actually happened and that the Spartans did not quit/concede the game. However, for those of you on the field, you have to understand how it looked from a spectator's perspective. I wasn't the only one with these feeling, I just happen to be the only one to express them. From a spectator's perspective, you just witnessed a team have a rough 3rd quarter and give up another TD late in the quarter. After the score, you see 17 seconds on the clock, which at that age, all you need is one play sometimes. Then you see the coaches and the ref talk, and then the ref signal to the pressbox to start the 4th quarter, which is then followed by a comment from the announcer along the lines of "I guess that's the end of the 3rd quarter." Then, with 3:30 left after another score, you see the coaches and refs talk again, shake hands, and then signal to the pressbox that that's it. The announcer then asks the coach if that's the ballgame, which the coach gives a thumbs up. The announcer then goes on to say "That's the ballgame. The Lions win.", all while the little guys are going back out on the field to play with time still on the clock. Hopefully, you can see where I, and others, was coming from.

nees1212, I know how you felt as I was asking the same question. However, I was told and witnessed this the next night that when you have one person in the pressbox working mic and clock it is impossible even for a starter game. You can not watch the play, the ref's and be resposible for the clock.

Whey you can not get volunteer's to help it is hard to do it all and sometimes the clock is kept on the field by the ref's if there are problems up above. JD

Actually, Kevin likes to throw the ball more than you would think. He does have 2 stud running backs, but we throw the ball alot. His son plays TE?????:sssh:

 

How tall is Hergott? and would he move to a wide out next year at the Frosh level. The Freshman team at Highlands is going to be loaded once again next year. There will be people once again 4 years from now that can't wait until the 2014 class moves through.....

How tall is Hergott? and would he move to a wide out next year at the Frosh level. The Freshman team at Highlands is going to be loaded once again next year. There will be people once again 4 years from now that can't wait until the 2014 class moves through.....

 

Who is in this class that makes it loaded and what positions do they play?

Who is in this class that makes it loaded and what positions do they play?

 

Seth Hope 6'2 , Drew Houliston, Bobby Plau, Mac Franzen 6'1 (possible Bird), Jalen " " the fastest kid in the league on the Green team, Tyler Schweitzer (current frosh player and stud lineman), Nick True 6'4 (also current frosh player), Brandon Hergott 6'1, Andy Buten RB, these are just a few that I know of in that class.

  • Author
Seth Hope 6'2 , Drew Houliston, Bobby Plau, Mac Franzen 6'1 (possible Bird), Jalen " " the fastest kid in the league on the Green team, Tyler Schweitzer (current frosh player and stud lineman), Nick True 6'4 (also current frosh player), Brandon Hergott 6'1, Andy Buten RB, these are just a few that I know of in that class.

 

Are we talking about Highland's Freshman football for next year or this year's NKY Knights 8th grade hoops squad??? LOL!

Seth Hope 6'2 , Drew Houliston, Bobby Plau, Mac Franzen 6'1 (possible Bird), Jalen " " the fastest kid in the league on the Green team, Tyler Schweitzer (current frosh player and stud lineman), Nick True 6'4 (also current frosh player), Brandon Hergott 6'1, Andy Buten RB, these are just a few that I know of in that class.

 

Possible bird, probable Thoroughbred!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.