Duke recruit registers at South Laurel!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at Dukes web site of their targeted list for 2010-2012 and the committed list. No one from Kansas was listed. I too would like to know the kids name and who is recruiting him.

I was told he was from Kansas City, Mo. and was a wing player. Here is a list from of 2010 prospects from Missouri.

http://hsmissouri.scout.com/a.z?s=398&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2010

If this is true, playing time for the home grown guards might be hard to come by. Haven already gotten 2 projected backcourt starters from NL (Huff and Gilbert), add to the mix Eric Wright as a solid senior guard, will there be any playing time available for the SL kids that have come up in the program like Smith and Sizemore? Depth is good if a coach uses it, but, if not, this could cause some problems. Trust me, I've seen in happen.

If this is true, playing time for the home grown guards might be hard to come by. Haven already gotten 2 projected backcourt starters from NL (Huff and Gilbert), add to the mix Eric Wright as a solid senior guard, will there be any playing time available for the SL kids that have come up in the program like Smith and Sizemore? Depth is good if a coach uses it, but, if not, this could cause some problems. Trust me, I've seen it happen.

Yes you have. And I admit, I was (and still am) really looking forward to seeing Sizemore and his progression this season as well as Smith and a team leader in Wright.

If this is true, playing time for the home grown guards might be hard to come by. Haven already gotten 2 projected backcourt starters from NL (Huff and Gilbert), add to the mix Eric Wright as a solid senior guard, will there be any playing time available for the SL kids that have come up in the program like Smith and Sizemore? Depth is good if a coach uses it, but, if not, this could cause some problems. Trust me, I've seen in happen.

I have heard that Sizemore is no longer at South Laurel.

It's not what you think.

I'm thinking that he is a transplanted Laurel Countian who has moved back, family lives in the North Laurel district, but maybe he doesn't. I'm just guessing though.

I'm thinking that he is a transplanted Laurel Countian who has moved back, family lives in the North Laurel district, but maybe he doesn't. I'm just guessing though.

You're pretty darn close.

Can he beat out Eric Wright? St. John, Watkins and Gilbert would appear to be pretty locked in. Who will sit Huff or Wright? Sounds like this kid is athletic but can he provide the floor leadership that Little "E" can?

Leadership is a good way to say it. If this kid exists and is at South, you can bet he will play if he is good enough. I heard the only new player was a 5'7 kid. Not sure where he moved in from. Perhaps Hazel Green or Bush according to my sources.

Great for SL. If he is a "Duke " recruit then glad to see him bringing quality to the mountains. I don't think Coach K would like the reactions of the fans if he wants to visit him live at SL. This is good for Sl and bad for everyone else because I am sure the head assisitant Coach Rosco Denny can't wait to get his hands on him as well.

I am not buying that it is a 'Duke' recruit. I would think there would be more scuttle on the street if he truly was. He may be a very good player, and that is great for Coach Wright and his Cardinals, .. but I am not buying that he is a 'Duke' recruit. Rumors around London do get exaggerated from time to time.