Duke recruit registers at South Laurel!

I am not buying that it is a 'Duke' recruit. I would think there would be more scuttle on the street if he truly was. He may be a very good player, and that is great for Coach Wright and his Cardinals, .. but I am not buying that he is a 'Duke' recruit. Rumors around London do get exaggerated from time to time.

If he was a "Duke" recruit and playing in Kentucky, we would all know his name by now. I still don't think his name has been mentioned yet, has it? As a Duke fan, I can almost guarantee I would have heard of any KY kid being recruited by Duke. Seems like if Duke was after him so would UK, UL, UNC, etc. and we would all know without a shadow of a doubt who he was. We likely would have known before he enrolled at South Laurel. I am not buying it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks ... you're getting hyped up over nothing. South got a kid in, he'll help out, probably a back-up. He's very quick and will be a plus defensivley. I can't believe this thread lived this long on nothing but a rumor.

Leadership is a good way to say it. If this kid exists and is at South, you can bet he will play if he is good enough. I heard the only new player was a 5'7 kid. Not sure where he moved in from. Perhaps Hazel Green or Bush according to my sources.

Bubba,

Your sources are WRONG. He didn't move in from Bush or Hazel Green. And, he's 5'8.