Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dick Vitale's Preseason Top 40

Featured Replies

Duke seems very high to me, especially regarding the unknown of losing Hendo and Elliot. I will say that I am extremely excited that it looks as if Andre Dawkins will be arriving to campus a year earlier than expected. He is a legit player with a sweet jumper, and he's pretty long. So, in reality #10 is about where I put Duke, but the season will work it's way out either way!

 

As much as there is unknown at Duke, that can equally be said about UK....that #2 ranking is pure speculation, just like the #5 ranking that Duke received.

 

It really depends on the play of our big men again. Singler and Schyer will carry this team alot this year. I am hoping the Plumlee brothers and Kelly make an impact down low.

I also think the higher rankings of some shown (i.e. UK and Duke) are an overall indictment of the lack of good teams in college hoops. While these teams may not be as good as what we might think are top 5 teams, are there really other teams out there you could argue deserving of said spots?

I also think the higher rankings of some shown (i.e. UK and Duke) are an overall indictment of the lack of good teams in college hoops. While these teams may not be as good as what we might think are top 5 teams, are there really other teams out there you could argue deserving of said spots?

 

I agree I dont think there are as many strong teams this year as in previous years.

I think Dickie V. just recognizes the absolute fact that talent wins. Check the rosters, look for players that will be going to the NBA and rank the teams accordingly. Coach Cal has brought the talent to UK so the rankings are going to show it.

A wise man once said, "When it comes down to talent versus experience, choose talent every time".

I also think the higher rankings of some shown (i.e. UK and Duke) are an overall indictment of the lack of good teams in college hoops. While these teams may not be as good as what we might think are top 5 teams, are there really other teams out there you could argue deserving of said spots?

 

I think that explains it, IMO.:thumb:

 

A wise man once said, "When it comes down to talent versus experience, choose talent every time".

 

I just hope that talent can overcome experience come tournament time. I'm a UK fan, but I think that with so many Frosh, we probably should have started out of the top 5 and possibly the top 10. No one really knows how well this team will play and mature together.

A wise man once said, "When it comes down to talent versus experience, choose talent every time".

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.