Anyone with facebook needs to read!

HT721

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myspace is pretty much social ad site. I don't fool with that site anymore.

Do you not think Facebook is quickly becoming more and more like MySpace? They're pretty much one-in-the-same to me now. Whenever Facebook introduces something new, MySpace has a similar feature within a couple days, and vice versa.

The likelihood of that is/was very, very small.

No, I honestly do not like all of the other changes Facebook has made. Too much advertising, too many applications and nonsense on there.

And yes, it was a bit like being in a country club and one day the club decided to let anyone and everyone come in and enjoy the facilities.

:lol: I'm trying to feel bad for you, but I just can't seem to find any pity. :lol:

One day, you'd graduate....then you'd be kicked out of the club.

Your friends would be far-flung, and you'd have a difficult time keeping in touch.

And what kind of lecture would I get about that?

*Ring Ring*

"Hi mom."

"Why did you block me on Facebook!?:madman:"

or

*Ring Ring*

"Hi mom."

"Why haven't you added me as a friend yet?"

I accepted my step moms friend request, and promptly sent her a message stating, "don't question or judge me based off facebook, but perhaps you'll get a better understanding of me over all from it" She said she's a mom and judging isn't her job. I think she get's it, and every thing is good.

If there is pictures on there you don't want your mom or family to see you probably shouldn't have them on their anyway. :lol: Not to mention a lot of employers are now checking that stuff out.

Yea pretty sure once I start job searching the pics of me doing keg stands with no shirt on in florida will likely come off.:ylsuper:

:lol: I'm trying to feel bad for you, but I just can't seem to find any pity. :lol:

One day, you'd graduate....then you'd be kicked out of the club.

Your friends would be far-flung, and you'd have a difficult time keeping in touch.

Then so be it. I'd probably just go back to using MySpace. Obviously you can't find the pity because you weren't there when it first started to see how much better it was.

If there is pictures on there you don't want your mom or family to see you probably shouldn't have them on their anyway. :lol: Not to mention a lot of employers are now checking that stuff out.

Yet another problem created with allowing anyone on there. Since that happened, employers can get on there, and if they look hard enough, could find something to use against you.

"Well, I see one time 3 years ago that you dropped the F bomb on your Facebook wall. Because of that, we've decided to go with someone else."

Yes, but I don't think that's relevant. What I'm getting at is that, the day my parents (and my friends parents) joined Facebook, it was no longer fun, and continued use has only been out of habit.

Sure, it's relevant. Are you planning on discontinuing your account when you graduate? Also, if it's no longer fun with those people listed as your friends, block them.

Sure, it's relevant. Are you planning on discontinuing your account when you graduate? Also, if it's no longer fun with those people listed as your friends, block them.

Again, all of the sudden blocking people would create more drama than I really want to deal with.

Also, if Facebook had stayed the same (which this isn't relevant because it's already changed) and closed your account once your college e-mail was deactivated, then so be it. I would have just gone back to using MySpace, like I did before I went to college.