Top 10 teams next year?

They lost 3 contributors from last season, and the only one I think that can't be replaced is Riley. Rice is more than ready to step in and start, he could of last year, the you have Avery coming in. If he is eligible this what their starting five might be:

Sr-Ricardo Johnson- 6"5

Sr-Demetrius Avery- 6"3

Sr-Jeremiah Johnson- 6"4

Jr-Kevon Rice- 6"6

Sr-Elijah Pittman- 6"7 (might even be 6"8 now)

off the bench

Sr- Willie Slusher- 6"3

Jr- Nair Jones- 6"2

Jr- Peirre Mayfeild- 5"11

Sph- Christian McClendon- 5"11

Jr- Chris Hayes- 5"11

They will be deep this year, and one of the biggest lineups in the state.

You left off Jaydayle Herndon who is a 5'9/5'10 Senior. He should get some playing time this year.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You left off Jaydayle Herndon who is a 5'9/5'10 Senior. He should get some playing time this year.

I doubt he will even play this year. He didn't get much JV time last year and quit in the middle of the season and came back. I just don't think he will contribute very much to this Holmes team. Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll have to see.

I doubt he will even play this year. He didn't get much JV time last year and quit in the middle of the season and came back. I just don't think he will contribute very much to this Holmes team. Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll have to see.

Ya, I hope you are wrong too. IMO, I think it was difficult for him to be a starter his sophomore year on JV and then not play as much the following year. He is a great kid and has been working really hard this offseason. He didn't play many games this summer, but spent hours upon hours in the gym working on his game. His shooting has improved a lot and he is much more confident on the court. He also just started lifting and trying to get stronger, so that should help him to. I just hope he gets a shot to show the coaching staff that he is not the same kid that quit the team last year!

However, I still think Holmes will be very strong with whoever they put on the floor!

I definitly left off Male on accident! Good call.

I think Manual will surprise many people this year because of the talent they have in the Sophomore and Junior class. They lost one of the best players in the state from last years team in Jacob Jenkins, but return many experienced players. They beat the Highlands team at Georgetown team camp over the summer without Manual's star 6' 10" center Aleks Nicolic playing in the game.

Andre Gray who played varsity as a freshman last year will be a star as a sophomore at Manual this year. Manual will be the dark horse team of the state this year.

I think Manual will surprise many people this year because of the talent they have in the Sophomore and Junior class. They lost one of the best players in the state from last years team in Jacob Jenkins, but return many experienced players. They beat the Highlands team at Georgetown team camp over the summer without Manual's star 6' 10" center Aleks Nicolic playing in the game.

Andre Gray who played varsity as a freshman last year will be a star as a sophomore at Manual this year. Manual will be the dark horse team of the state this year.

It's tough for a sophomore to be an impact player. I think Manual will struggle this year in the tough seventh region. I think they will be behind Eastern, Ballard, Jtown, Trinity, and Seneca.

My darkhorse is Seneca!

It's tough for a sophomore to be an impact player. I think Manual will struggle this year in the tough seventh region. I think they will be behind Eastern, Ballard, Jtown, Trinity, and Seneca.

My darkhorse is Seneca!

That's why we play the game, but it is fun to debate these things on this forum. I think you will be surprised by Manual. Last year they took J'town to overtime in the KOB without Jenkins. This summer they lost to Scott County by a couple of points at the Gerogetown camp without Nicolic. Samsel has been unstoppable this summer and earned himself two scholly offers. He was the MVP of the allstar tourny at the five star camp in Pittsburgh. Manual will cause some match up problems with 6' 10" Nicolic on the inside and Samsel and others on the outside. They beat Seneca at the end of last year in the regular season. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Jenkins played in that game either. The darkhorse of the 7th will be Manual.

I wouldn't get too excited about victories/close games at summer CAMP.......most teams do not field their entire roster at each camp, coaches experiment with player combinations and they do not insist on the level of play they would during the season. Just a point to consider ..........

• 1 month later...