Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ American Conference Draft Round Nine

Featured Replies

I cant believe Percy Harvin was here in the 9th round.

 

How do you think he could go any higher?

He's the 3rd option on the Minnesota Vikings.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cant believe Percy Harvin was here in the 9th round.

 

Rookie Wrs usually don't light it up statistically, I think he could possibly be a good sub for bye weeks.

I like the pick of Harvin...I expect he'll be inconsistent, but he's a rare big play guy. He'll probably have a few big plays, and if you're lucky enough for that to be on a bye week, you might get 70 yards and a TD on one touch, which is 13 fantasy points.

How do you think he could go any higher?

He's the 3rd option on the Minnesota Vikings.

 

But he has the Reggie Bush position. 3rd Option on a team with no really "go to guy" it's a plus to me.

But he has the Reggie Bush position. 3rd Option on a team with no really "go to guy" it's a plus to me.

 

Bernard Berrian is the "go to" WR. And AD at RB.

Hmmm ... wonder if any decent kickers will be left when my pick comes up.

 

It's about time for a run on kickers...everyone pretty much has their starting rosters drafted at this point.

 

Then again, I'll probably be the first, or one of the first to pick one...this draft has been different than any others for me. Usually, TE's and defenses are off the board before I'm willing to pick them. But, this draft it seems they're dropping to me in spots where I'm willing to take the plunge...

 

We'll see with the kickers I suppose. :lol:

 

There's 23 players/defenses that haven't been crossed off of my list from the ESPN Magainze Top 150...and one of those, Derrick Mason, is retired.

 

We're really digging deep at this point.

Bernard Berrian is the "go to" WR. And AD at RB.

 

Berrian is more of a deep threat though, and not necessarily a guy who dominates a lot of the looks in the passing game. So, there's some opportunity there for Harvin.

 

What I like about Harvin is his versatility and the presence of said players, Peterson and Berrian.

 

Peterson demands a lot of attention and brings a lot of defense in the box...while Berrian, as a great deep threat, demands deep coverage.

 

That combo should create some opportunities for Harvin to get in some space and to break some big gains. Especially, if he can grasp enough of the WR position to become a real factor in the passing game.

 

I could see him being like Felix Jones last year before he got hurt...he didn't get the ball a ton (30 carries), but he made several big plays, averaging 8.9 ypc and scoring 3 TD's.

 

Not a bad upside for a sub on bye-weeks.

If it doesn't get to me tonight, there will probably be a delay. I'm leaving for the weekend, and don't know if I'll have internet access.

If it doesn't get to me tonight, there will probably be a delay. I'm leaving for the weekend, and don't know if I'll have internet access.

 

I know the feeling...luckily, last weekend, I had a couple of chances to get online and see how the draft was progressing. I checked Monday evening and it still wasn't on my pick, so I knew I'd be able to make a pick without getting skipped.

 

At this point in the draft, it's kind of hard to leave picks with people, especially if it isn't really close to your turn, because you're not as sure about who you will actually select. Earlier on, the choices were more obvious, IMO.

I know the feeling...luckily, last weekend, I had a couple of chances to get online and see how the draft was progressing. I checked Monday evening and it still wasn't on my pick, so I knew I'd be able to make a pick without getting skipped.

 

At this point in the draft, it's kind of hard to leave picks with people, especially if it isn't really close to your turn, because you're not as sure about who you will actually select. Earlier on, the choices were more obvious, IMO.

 

I agree. That's one benefit of having back to back picks, I have 48 hours to make a pick, so it gives me a little more leeway.

I agree. That's one benefit of having back to back picks, I have 48 hours to make a pick, so it gives me a little more leeway.

 

Yeah...I much prefer being at the beginning or end of the BGP draft because of the large number of teams and the format...

It's about time for a run on kickers...everyone pretty much has their starting rosters drafted at this point.

 

Then again, I'll probably be the first, or one of the first to pick one...this draft has been different than any others for me. Usually, TE's and defenses are off the board before I'm willing to pick them. But, this draft it seems they're dropping to me in spots where I'm willing to take the plunge...

 

We'll see with the kickers I suppose. :lol:

 

There's 23 players/defenses that haven't been crossed off of my list from the ESPN Magainze Top 150...and one of those, Derrick Mason, is retired.

 

We're really digging deep at this point.

 

 

 

Even in this draft, a kicker will be my very last pick.:thumb:

Ninth round Maysville Split Ends select Kevin Boss--New York Giants

Boyle County Blue Devils select New England Patriots D/ST

9.01 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) - WR Patrick Crayton DAL

9.02 Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) - QB Kyle Orton DEN

9.03 Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) - QB Matt Hasselbeck SEA

9.04 Bardstown Butchers (BoondockSaint) – RB Tim Hightower ARI

9.05 Harlan Mound Street Machines (Ballaholic) - QB Jason Campbell WAS

9.06 Maytown Mirkers ® (WildcatScratchFever) - WR Hakeem Nicks NYG

9.07 Frankfort Block Monsters ® (Hip-Hop Box) - WR Percy Harvin MIN

9.08 Maysville Split Ends (sumoroyal) - TE Kevin Boss NYG

9.09 Boyle County Blue Devils ® (PurplePride92) - D/ST New England Patriots NE

9.10 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28) - OTC 6:26 P.M. CST 7/23

9.11 Big Creek Moonshiners (Da Champ)-

9.12 Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) -

9.13 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) -

9.14 Mississippi Thrill (Go Cats) -

9.15 Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) -

9.16 Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) -

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.