Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ American Conference Draft Round Six

Featured Replies

Personally, I don't see the benefit from either side of the deal...:idunno:

 

He traded away Manning for Romo, essentially, and picks up a 2nd pick in round 6. He made up for keeping Eli, IMO.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I don't see the benefit from either side of the deal...:idunno:

 

I see a lot of benefit for Rocket...he replaced a fantasy backup, Eli, with a fantasy stud, Romo. That's a huge upgrade.

 

And, he basically traded Antonio Bryant and his 10th rounder, for an additional pick this round and an 11th rounder. So, he can replace Bryant with that extra pick...its not likely Bryant will match last season's numbers with all the changes in Tampa, particularly at QB.

 

JMO

Plus, he may actually get to pick twice in the same day. Only the corner guys get to do that.

He traded away Manning for Romo, essentially, and picks up a 2nd pick in round 6. He made up for keeping Eli, IMO.

 

Big time...great trade in my book.

 

Obviously, you never know how the season will actually play out, but on paper right now it looks really good.

Plus, he may actually get to pick twice in the same day. Only the corner guys get to do that.

 

Just an added bonus, huh? :lol:

 

That might speed the draft up a little.

Big time...great trade in my book.

 

Obviously, you never know how the season will actually play out, but on paper right now it looks really good.

 

I agree. I think Rocket made a good trade. I'd trade Eli for Romo 10 times out of 10. All the other stuff made it a sweeter deal, IMO. Rocket picking twice in this round could be a division winning development.

I see a lot of benefit for Rocket...he replaced a fantasy backup, Eli, with a fantasy stud, Romo. That's a huge upgrade.

 

And, he basically traded Antonio Bryant and his 10th rounder, for an additional pick this round and an 11th rounder. So, he can replace Bryant with that extra pick...its not likely Bryant will match last season's numbers with all the changes in Tampa, particularly at QB.

 

JMO

 

Romo's numbers will have a huge decline this year....Huge difference when you line up without your best player out there. I don't see him being much of an upgrade over Eli, and he isn't going to find anyone close to Bryant left at the WR position this late.

Romo's numbers will have a huge decline this year....Huge difference when you line up without your best player out there. I don't see him being much of an upgrade over Eli, and he isn't going to find anyone close to Bryant left at the WR position this late.

 

Your opinion...here's the way I see it. And, they way most people would see it I'd say.

 

There's more reason to expect Eli's numbers to decline than Romos. Dallas wasn't the only team that lost a stud WR, but they were the only team that had one in waiting to step up.

 

Romo is the QB in an aggressive, attacking offense. He has a solid trio of running backs, including a big play in waiting, Felix Jones, to utilize...a top three TE, Jason Witten, and a #1 WR, Roy Williams. I expect his numbers to be in the same ballpark as always.

 

Eli is the QB for a run-heavy team that lost it's primary WR and doesn't have a really proven player in the pass catching group. Who will he throw to? His numbers weren't good last year when Burress was out...his numbers over the last 5 games would project to be similar to what Joe Flacco did as a rookie...less than 3000 yards, 10 TD, 10 Int.

 

As for Bryant, I'm skeptical of his ability to repeat last season. I expect his numbers to drop, and there's still a few guys on the board that are comparable...the difference, whether it's in Bryant's favor or not, cannot come close to offsetting Romo vs. Manning.

 

I think he could have got better value for Romo. Heck, I know he could have...I'd have given him more than that.:D

Getting mixed reviews on the trade...

 

The trade was a steal...for you.

 

There's no way I'd be disappointed with that.

Romo's numbers will have a huge decline this year....Huge difference when you line up without your best player out there. I don't see him being much of an upgrade over Eli, and he isn't going to find anyone close to Bryant left at the WR position this late.

 

Considering how undependable and inconsistent TO was last year, I don't think there will really be much of a dropoff if Williams does what he's supposed to.

I like the trade for you Rocket, it's an upgrade no matter what happens on the field this year.

The trade was a steal...for you.

 

There's no way I'd be disappointed with that.

 

Agree. :thumb:

Da Moonshiners take Laveranues Coles WR Cincinnati Bengals. There is my homer pick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.