Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rate the Reds at the break

Grade the Reds 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Grade the Reds

    • A
      0%
      0
    • B
      18%
      9
    • C
      64%
      32
    • D
      16%
      8
    • F
      2%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

How does everyone grade the club this season now we have arrived at the All Star break?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see a B ... maybe.

 

Given their major offensive problems and some key injuries/absences, the Reds are doing about as well as could be expected.

They are pretty close to where I expected them to be as far as their record goes. I believe I predicted the Reds to go 82-80 on the season. They are better of than I thought they would be standings wise because I didn't figure the top teams in the NL Central would struggle as bad as they have so far this year.

I voted D. Too many holes that could have had this team atop the division. Bruce slow to develop, Taveras as sorry a leadoff as CP. But frankly, most of the grade is by default. Remove the injuries and I think it's a different story. So, I gave them a D, when I suppose an incomplete would be more appropriate.

I gave them a D+. Injuries are a part of the game. They have some young talent and development of that talent is key. I still can't get over the game that they ran out of pitching.

  • Author
I voted D. Too many holes that could have had this team atop the division. Bruce slow to develop, Taveras as sorry a leadoff as CP. But frankly, most of the grade is by default. Remove the injuries and I think it's a different story. So, I gave them a D, when I suppose an incomplete would be more appropriate.

 

I thought about adding an I option, but didn't as I would say incomplete for the season and I just wanted to know how everyone felt about the 1st half.

  • Author

I went with B, with that being at the lower end of the B range. They are playing to what they are. a .500 team. If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that Votto was going to be out as much as he was and Volquez was going to be down too, I don't think I would have picked them to be 3 games under .500 and still in the mix in the division.

I think a few more quality decisions by the manager could have had this team even higher up the ladder. And maybe this is for another thread, but I give Dusty an F.

I gave them a C. I think I picked them to win 78 games and they're right about at that pace.

I graded them a C at the midway point, I could just as easily said a B or D based on which factors you want to put the most value on. I settled on C because they have been able to tread water through some tough injuries, but I didn't rate them higher because they left so many winnable games on the table. There is progress with the Reds, which I'm happy about, but it isn't the leap we as Reds fan long for.

I think a few more quality decisions by the manager could have had this team even higher up the ladder. And maybe this is for another thread, but I give Dusty an F.

 

I'm curious to hear other's thoughts on this. I'm not a huge Dusty fan but I'm not sure I blame him for much yet, although there are times when he makes me question his sanity.

I'm curious to hear other's thoughts on this. I'm not a huge Dusty fan but I'm not sure I blame him for much yet, although there are times when he makes me question his sanity.
I assume by that you mean poor decisions. Those add up to losses on occasion. And 4 or 5 losses hung directly on a manager adds up to what?
I assume by that you mean poor decisions. Those add up to losses on occasion. And 4 or 5 losses hung directly on a manager adds up to what?

 

I was thinking more lineup type decisions, and again, I don't have any strong convictions one way or the other toward Dusty, I'm looking to hear what others say, give specifics and things to think about.

 

What is his job security? Relationship with Walt?

  • Author

I think really as a whole, this team is not any better than they are showing.

Votto is the only position player that is playing at a high level.

BP is solid, and is doing a good job with RBIs

SS is a mess

Edwin: well we're still waiting on that potential

C: I like both Hanigan and Hernandez. Like to see Hanigan get some more ABs

OF: in total not great. Gomes has a nice avg. I like Nix, guess he's going to see more time, Dickerson struggled mightily early but has come around. Taveras, bust. Bruce. nice power #s, but overall not a good season at all for him.

 

P: starters are inconsistent. Worried about Harang. Finally kind of excited about Homer. Bullpen, except for a few hiccups, solid.

Coaching: I don't have much faith in the current regime

Front Office: Kind of status quo. nothing big.

I give them a B-. They're better than expected, but there are some opportunity areas they have missed out on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.