Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USA U19 106 Iran 55

Featured Replies

  • Author

Shelvin Mack scored 7 points

  • Author

I tried to watch the game on the Internet, but it wasn't great. I never did see him score any. I just happened to see a graphic for Mack at the end of the game.

  • Author

Here's the quick article I wrote up based on a blurry graphic from the Internet broadcast:

 

USA U19 106

Iran U19 55

 

2009 FIBA U19 World Championships in New Zealand

 

Team USA jumped out of the gates in a strong manner at the FIBA U19 World Championships in New Zealand. The Americans were impressive in soundly defeating Iran by a score of 106-55. Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor led the United States with 13 points. Seth Curry added 12 points while John Shurna managed a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.

 

Butler's Gordon Hayward scored 9 points and pulled down 5 rebounds for the Americans. Butler teammate Shelvin Mack, a graduate of Bryan Station High School, contributed 7 points, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 rebounds.

  • Author

Darius Miller: 16 mins, 4 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast, 2 blk, 6 stl, 2-2 FG

I still very firmly believe that we (USA) should never lose in International basketball...

I still very firmly believe that we (USA) should never lose in International basketball...

 

I think that is short-sighted. Thats like saying the Spanish soccer team should never lose to the U.S. in a match.

Sounds like Iran is as bad in basketball as they are in running fair elections.:walk:

I still very firmly believe that we (USA) should never lose in International basketball...

 

I agree wholeheatedly. We should never lose at any of the international sports that were invented in America, IMO. Especially basketball.

It's good to see Seth Curry played well.

 

See you next year Seth!!!!!!!!!! Stay healthy and bring home the gold like your new college coach did.:thumb:

It's good to see Seth Curry played well.

 

See you next year Seth!!!!!!!!!! Stay healthy and bring home the gold like your new college coach did.:thumb:

 

I believe he has to sit out the next year if I'm not mistaken...

I believe he has to sit out the next year if I'm not mistaken...

 

He does, next year to me is 2010-2011. 2009-2010 is this year. UNC is last year's champs. That's why I said see you next year, we won't see him this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.