Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County Basketball

Featured Replies

These young Lady Royals that have taken a beating on here are now 8-1 on the summer after this weekend by the way.Keep up the hard work Lady's!:thumb:

  • Replies 87
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Litzinger's lived and still do in Bracken County the whole time Jarrod and Lacey were going to Mason County,could be wrong though. Still think at least part of the problem from parents of players is their kids getting played over by transfers and 7th graders, no matter how good they may be. What's the use putting in the practice time if you know this? Under Buser's watch, Mason County's bench was talented enough to have started and starred at any school in the region, but they hardly saw any playing time, this has set the program back as well

 

Wrong,Litzingers live in Mason County!

I think the problem with the girls program is the same as the boys, only more noticeable. Mason County won't take the time to develop the many girls or boys in their own system, but somehow others come in(Cline,Litzinger(weren't they in Bracken system or lived in Bracken County at one time), the Menke's, Queen's,etc. and there is nothing wrong with that. It's just if your a Mason County kid and you feel as though you can be replaced at any time by a transfer or a 7th grader, why bother?

 

Wrong here,Litzingers have lived in Mason County.Menke's have been in the Mason school system for many years back before Middle School.

These young Lady Royals that have taken a beating on here are now 8-1 on the summer after this weekend by the way.Keep up the hard work Lady's!:thumb:

 

Who have they played and where? Some scores would be greatly appreciated too.:thumb:

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #5

Who have they played and where? Some scores would be greatly appreciated too.:thumb:

 

Not sure but I will find out for you.

Edited by gold sunrise
Fixing quote and Rule #13

Those young ladies: Chambers, Cline, Litzinger were special young ladies and deserved everything they got as individuals and as a team. This is when the act of bringing up the younger players really began @ Mason County. Many people have speculated what those reasons were for, but I really have no clear reason as to why other then how awfully good they were.

 

I am not saying what is going on at Mason County is right or wrong, but you cannot say that what those young ladies mentioned did was not an extraordinary thing and a rare thing. They accomplished a great deal as a class and should be applauded for those efforts.

Those young ladies: Chambers, Cline, Litzinger were special young ladies and deserved everything they got as individuals and as a team. This is when the act of bringing up the younger players really began @ Mason County. Many people have speculated what those reasons were for, but I really have no clear reason as to why other then how awfully good they were.

 

I am not saying what is going on at Mason County is right or wrong, but you cannot say that what those young ladies mentioned did was not an extraordinary thing and a rare thing. They accomplished a great deal as a class and should be applauded for those efforts.

 

I'm not disagreeing with you, but other than individual accomplishments, what did they accomplish? 6 distict titles in a district that was weak in comparison and though they had two regional runner-ups, if it hadn't been for the rest of the team and Coach Starns, they wouldn't have gotten that far. Don't get me wrong, they are all good ball players who deserved the accolades bestowed upon them, but because of the coach they had to play under and lack of support from the administration, they just didn't accomplish all that much in my book.

How did the administration not support them? Also I don't think you can lay blame on Asst. coaches as they do what is directed by the head coach. No matter what one thinks of the former coach they were an extremely talented group and fun to watch play from the stands, but not the opposing bench!

Who have they played and where? Some scores would be greatly appreciated too.:thumb:

 

They played this weekend in Louisville,They are now 8-2,I'm not sure on teams but I do know there losses was by 5 and 7 points and all 8 wins have been by 20+ points.Only School for sure I know they beat was East Carter.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

They played this weekend in Louisville,They are now 8-2,I'm not sure on teams but I do know there losses was by 5 and 7 points and all 8 wins have been by 20+ points.Only School for sure I know they beat was East Carter.

 

Thanks for the info.:thumb:

Edited by gold sunrise
Fixing quote

How did the administration not support them? Also I don't think you can lay blame on Asst. coaches as they do what is directed by the head coach. No matter what one thinks of the former coach they were an extremely talented group and fun to watch play from the stands' date=' but not the opposing bench![/quote']

 

The administration didn't support them as far as treating the girls program as equals. They attended the boys banquet, not the girls, they had boys banquet at the cafeteria in the school and did it up right, the girls had theirs on the bleachers at the girls gym and it lasted maybe 1/2 hour at best, the AD complained about having to buy a set home uniforms after the KHSAA decided that alternative third colors were not allowed but the boys got new uniforms every year. This is just a few of the many discrepancies. Also the new hadn't worn off the 2 championship trophies and they had retired Chris Lofton's and Darius Miller's jerseys, but they haven't done anything for DeSarae Chambers and Lacey Cline, and I believe Chambers scored more points in her career than Lofton. As far as Asst. Coaches go, they have one that all he can do is drive the bus, good guy and that, but when it comes to basketball, any one of the parents can be equally good, one has a daughter who plays and one has a niece and I don't think relatives should coach, especially with the problems they have had in the past and evidently the problems continue with the current players quiting.

They played this weekend in Louisville,They are now 8-2,I'm not sure on teams but i do know there losses was by 5 and 7 points and all 8 wins have been by 20+ points.Only School for sure i know they beat was East Carter.

 

 

You're right, they did beat East Carter @ Morehead, but by 1, not by 20+, I was there!! Good game.

They played this weekend in Louisville,They are now 8-2,I'm not sure on teams but i do know there losses was by 5 and 7 points and all 8 wins have been by 20+ points.Only School for sure i know they beat was East Carter.

 

Other than East Carter, they have pretty much played small schools that I have never heard of. Good practice, and it's nice to win, but to get better they should start playing some tougher competition.

In the Louisville camp they did play some tough competition such as Bullit East and a very athletic team from St. Louis, as well as a team called Bosse from Evansville Indian.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.