Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Latest UK Stuff

Featured Replies

I can call BGP a "source" and post it on my blog. It doesn't mean it's right. Has anyone really credited anyone close to the situation? Other than to say "sources say...."

  • Replies 63
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had several disagreements with him about Pilgrim. He's sees something I don't in the kid. I was with him on Memorial Day when he heard he was likely out the door, and he was less than happy about it. Funny thing is I felt the same way about Pilgrim's brother a few years back. I wasn't going to be fooled twice there...

 

Just curious, why was he unhappy about it?

I would just guess that he built this kid up so much and then went out on a limb and the branch snapped.

He has taken hit here lately.

  • Author
I can call BGP a "source" and post it on my blog. It doesn't mean it's right. Has anyone really credited anyone close to the situation? Other than to say "sources say...."

 

The person that called me is pretty close to the situation. I feel that Meeks will be back.

If you read between the lines it seems Meeks will be back. I'm going to hold off the party until it comes official. BUT, you have to think since Cal let go of two players instead of one that Meeks must have indicated he would be coming back next season. If not then why would Cal make the move and have an open scholly when Galloways would have just ran out anyway?

  • Author
Zagsblog is yours?

 

I reported it over 3 hours before Zagsblog and no, Zagsblog is not mine.

Just curious, why was he unhappy about it?

I would just guess that he built this kid up so much and then went out on a limb and the branch snapped.

He has taken hit here lately.

Maybe because he was hyping the kid for a while, and that was about to end?

 

I will say this about Marc. Like him or not, he is out on the road and doing the work. That's not the case for a lot of guys that like to report on recruiting...

The whole Maggard/Jones stuff is funny...they try to walk away from each other but then keep going back at each other.

Maggard's site is a basketball recruiting site...that is it...it doesn't do a good job of covering all their sports like the Scout or Rivals sites.

Jones is funny at times and some of the bloggers there are decent as well and they cover a little of everything.

Jones is a hack as well, I had a few friends who dealt with him on that seniors barnstorming tour a few years back...an absolute pain to deal with.

I reported it over 3 hours before Zagsblog and no, Zagsblog is not mine.

So they're basically reporting what everyone else is. It's funny how everyone is using "reports say" yet no one says where those reports are coming from.

Maybe because he was hyping the kid for a while, and that was about to end?

 

I will say this about Marc. Like him or not, he is out on the road and doing the work. That's not the case for a lot of guys that like to report on recruiting...

 

Yes, he is out there, but I think you see an agenda with him and players.

 

The one guy on his site is pretty good...the guy from NJ.

Kersey flat steals premy info from other sites and repackages it and sells it as his own.

  • Author
So they're basically reporting what everyone else is. It's funny how everyone is using "reports say" yet no one says where those reports are coming from.

 

My report comes from someone on the UK payroll, but I can't really say much more than that.

BTW, there are at least two people aside from Jones who have mentioned that Pilgrim did not mesh well with Cal.

MM denies this but the two who have mentioned this are very credible.

They even alluded to his attitude being an issue all the way back to his high school days...even GT has alluded to that.

Just my (un)educated guess, but I believe Marc played a big part in getting Pilgrim to Kentucky and saw a lot of potential in him. I think that he takes things regarding him personal at this point, as this was his diamond in the rough and things didn't pan out as he had planned.

  • Author

That audio blog was "explosive" :lol:

 

I'll trust Calipari's judgement on things.

Yes, he is out there, but I think you see an agenda with him and players.

 

Isn't that the nature of being on the road from April to August? Right now there is a riff among scouts in Knight and Barnes. I've heard some of the most respected guys trashing others for picking the one that wasn't their guy.

 

Heck I had Van Coleman say to someone I was clueless because I said watching 15U was hard to evaluate properly because you simply don't know what kid is going to shoot up 4 or 5 inches before the next time you see him a year later.

 

Matt Jones is an idiot. Been around him enought times to know that's true.

 

Maggard has an arrogance about him that can be hard to take, but he does know a ton of people in the game. I'm from a different mold, but if you hang around him at an event you know he has been doing this a long time and knows everyone from all levels.

 

It's why I laugh about Jody Demling never getting any heat. Jody is out there doing the work, but he's just looking for a few qoutes and is often WAY off in evaluating talent. He said Adreian Payne was a "beast I wouldn't want mad at me" last week. Maybe the most absurd recruiting evaluation I have ever seen, and that includes Maggard hyping Pilgrim as a sure fire 1st round pick...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.